Valentino Rossi to attend 2009 Isle of Man TT Races
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28
RE: Valentino Rossi to attend 2009 Isle of Man TT Races
Colonial's Corner.
Yes, did forget to mention the weather can be foul, the food worse and even the price comparison between apples and oranges is a waste of time because they are both expensive. A leg of lamb is poisonous and you can't buy grog on a Sunday morning. If it rains you sit up on that freezing mountain all day and come home with a wet ar*e to a dinner of warm kippers and stuffed potatoes washed down with flat beer. For entertainment you can go down the front and watch the hoons while you wade across the uri*e soaked lawn to the Bushey's tent where you might be lucky to get a seat at a laminex table and breath in everyone else’s cigarette smoke. What should I do, go and hang myself or save up for my next visit?
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
09-05-2009, 12:59 AM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
This is from MCN ONLINE,

"I’ve just been doing some sums in my head that are guaranteed to give me a few sleepless nights.
This lap of the TT I’ll be riding with Valentino Rossi on 6 June is going to have to be fast. How do I know? Because we’ve only got half an hour before Saturday’s Superbike race to do it. Assuming we get off on time that means an average lap time – including any crowd-waving, wheelies and winking at pretty ladies – of 75mph.
Let’s assume he’s five minutes late and we’re looking at a 95mph lap. Factor in a bit of pant-pulling-out-of-bottom and a slow start and it could easily be 100mph. All we need is a streaker and a track invasion and I’ll be looking at lap-record pace... Gulp."

From MCN ONLINE - article to be by Marc Potter.............................

What's his insurance premium ???
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 21-05-2009, 01:33 PM by ian huntly.)
19-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Website Find Reply
BigDick Offline

Threads: 1
ian huntly Wrote:"I’ve just been doing some sums in my head that are guaranteed to give me a few sleepless nights.

This lap of the TT I’ll be riding with Valentino Rossi on 6 June is going to have to be fast. How do I know? Because we’ve only got half an hour before Saturday’s Superbike race to do it. Assuming we get off on time that means an average lap time – including any crowd-waving, wheelies and winking at pretty ladies – of 75mph.

Let’s assume he’s five minutes late and we’re looking at a 95mph lap. Factor in a bit of pant-pulling-out-of-bottom and a slow start and it could easily be 100mph. All we need is a streaker and a track invasion and I’ll be looking at lap-record pace... Gulp."

From MCN ONLINE - article to be by Marc Potter.............................

Saturday ?????????? Are we on the same Island ?????

What's his insurance premium ???

Don't worry about doing a lap, with all the press and people getting into the start finish area, not to mention the fact that he has to get through the crowds to make it to the start...you'll be lucky to make it to the pull in area and ride back up to the Grandstand......in 1/2 an hour. Should set a new record for the slowest speed ever recorded thoughRolleyes
I'm the bloke you pass as you go down the back straight.
(This post was last modified: 19-05-2009, 08:01 PM by BigDick.)
19-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Find Reply
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19
I'm more than a bit surprised to read that the editor of MCN will be riding with Valentino Rossi on the Parade Lap before the Superbike Race, for 2 reasons.

Firstly, everyone will want to see the most famous motorcycle racer in the world today, and nobody will want to see some journalist who is in a senior position with a publication that has long been loathed by many on the Isle of Man (and with good reason). What right has he to be on the course? If he ends up in a heap on the road I suspect there will be some marshals who would feel pretty hard of helping him after some of the scandalous things he and his publication have said about them over the years.

And secondly, the journalist in question openly admitted last year in a posting on the iomtt website that he has had dodgy eyes for many years. This prevented him from doing last year's Parade Lap. So how can the organisers even consider letting him loose on the TT Course at any sort of speed when he admits himself that he has for a long time had serious problems with his eyes? When it comes to safety on the TT Course, it would appear that there is one rule for one and one for another!

Click on http://www.iomtt.com/Home/Forum/ShowPost...tID=114699 and have a look at the 14th posting down.
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2009, 12:22 PM by David Griffiths.)
20-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Find Reply
BigDick Offline

QUOTE: If he ends up in a heap on the road I suspect there will be some marshals who would feel pretty hard of helping him.

QUOTE: So how can the organisers even consider letting him loose on the TT Course at any sort of speed when he admits himself that he has for a long time had serious problems with his eyes?

Wellllllll, maybe your first statement is answered by your second statement!

Regardless, I'd never wish a fellow motorcyclist down, for any reason. As far as the Marshalls....they would do their job, just like any professional, personal feelings would not come into it.
20-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Perhaps it would do no harm at all if Mr Potter was to fall off and see first hand what an excellent job marshals do on the TT and Manx GP.

I still doubt that he would produce an honest account like many journalists they only have one function to produce sales it matters not how they achieve that.................sales and advertising revenue that is all they are concerned with nothing more
20-05-2009, 03:58 PM
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
MCN Conspiracy Theory:

"Go on, Marc......create a build up, with Rossi as headline bait.......then get out on the Course and fall off...... for a big story and compensation claim that'll cripple the TT.
We'll get revenge for nobody with a brain buying MCN on the Island any more." smilie
20-05-2009, 11:25 PM
Find Reply
BigDick Offline

cargo Wrote:Perhaps it would do no harm at all if Mr Potter was to fall off and see first hand what an excellent job marshals do on the TT and Manx GP.

I still doubt that he would produce an honest account like many journalists they only have one function to produce sales it matters not how they achieve that.................sales and advertising revenue that is all they are concerned with nothing more

Be better for publicity if Harry Potter went out on a bike that looked like a broom stick!
20-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Find Reply
BigDick Offline

Well, it's all over and done with for this year, so....what's the opinion (s) regarding the DR's visit and public apperances?
The thread seems to have gone as quiet as the road in front of the Pub in Kirk Micheal.
02-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Find Reply