STEVE PLATER READY FOR NW200
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
STEVE PLATER READY FOR NW200
Steve Plater travels to Northern Ireland today (Monday) to start his preparations for the North West 200 races that take place on Saturday. But prior to that he took time out from his busy schedule to take in the annual Thundersprint event at Northwich in Cheshire on Sunday for HM Plant Honda.

[Image: platersolo.jpg]
Steve riding in the cavalcade at the Northwich Thundersprint

Along with HM Plant Honda British Superbike rider Glen Richards, Plater attended the hugely popular event and entertained the crowds with his skilful riding. He was also on hand to take part in the photograph and autograph sessions and was interviewed by commentator Garry Gardiner.

Steve rode the HM Plant Honda machine in the cavalcade around the town and also the sprint that takes place over a measured course on a section of the closed roads.

“We really only did a demonstration run in the sprint,” said Plater. “With the NW200 being so near we didn’t want to take any risks but we thoroughly enjoyed the experience and the massive crowd that attended the event were really supportive.”

Plater travelled directly to catch the ferry to Ireland for the North West 200 races where in 2008 he secured the win in three of the four main races. (The two Supersport races plus the main NW200 Superbike event.) This year he will be riding for the Louth based team of HM Plant Honda.

The Woodhall Spa ace will once again be contesting both Superbike events plus the two Supersport races around the 8.966-mile Triangle Course that runs on public roads between the towns of Portrush, Portstewart and Coleraine on Saturday and is set to start his preparations with qualifying on Tuesday and Thursday evening ahead of the racing on Saturday. Roads close at 10am with racing set to continue throughout the day between 11am – 6.30pm.

Steve has produced some outstanding results at the NW200 road races over the past few years including:

2008 – NW200 Superbike – Winner

Superbike race – Fourth
Supersport race – winner x 2

2007 – NW200 Superbike race – Winner

Superbike race – Third
Supersport race – second

2006 – NW200 Superbike race – Winner

Superbike race – Winner

2005 – Superbike race – Second

2003 – Superbike race – Third

Pic Credit - Turn One Photography.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
11-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Website Find Reply