North West 200 Postings (Plus Updates)
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: North West 200 Postings (Updated)
Triangle Qualifying Domination For Relentless Suzuki

Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing all but dominated the opening night’s practice sessions at the International North West 200 in Northern Ireland, with Kiwi Bruce Anstey taking up the provisional pole slot in the premier Superbike class, and Alastair Seeley leading a GSX–R1000, ‘one-two-three’ in the Superstock class.

It was Aussie Cameron Donald who ran Seeley closest in 'stock qualifying but with little time to put in fast laps, all three Relentless Suzuki riders impressed greatly, in the dry but windy coastal conditions on their 2009 GSX–R1000 machinery. Donald also finished the night fifth in the Superbike class and provisionally on row two of the grid.

Alastair Seeley, who currently leads the National Superstock 1000 class in the UK for Relentless Suzuki, also set a blistering lap in NW200 Superbike qualifying on his 'stock 2009 GSX–R1000 that gives him a provisional front row start in third place.

Bruce Anstey leads the Relentless Suzuki charge in the Supersport class in fourth position with Cameron Donald eighth.

Philip Neill –Team Principal

“What a start to the North West 200! Obviously we are sitting in a great position at this early stage of the week, but I have also been weather watching and if Thursday’s session is wet, as forecast, then the times will not be bettered. Our emphasis last night was always to get all of our bikes qualified and with it being dry, the boys really went for it.

“Pole was not our optimum goal, but to get it in the two main classes is great for the 2009 GSX–R1000 Suzuki, Relentless and all our associated sponsors. Like everyone else we still have a bit of fine-tuning to do before Saturday’s race, but I have to say, I’m impressed with the boys, especially as they have completed a small number of test sessions before this event.

“What can we say about Bruce Anstey? He simply is a genius, and with so many BSB riders out there, with loads of racing miles and Spanish tests under their belts… well it just makes his pole time a phenomenal achievement. Cameron was equally as impressive and almost matched Alastair in the Superstock class and his fifth on the Superbike is a solid performance.

“Alastair Seeley has already proved his pedigree this year in Relentless Suzuki colours and his provisional pole does not surprise me at all. We are very strong in the Superstock class and I do feel my management skills could be tested on Saturday. I also may have to put my hands over my eyes on a couple of occasions!”

LIVE on BBC

Tune in to BBC1 tonight at 7pm [behind the red button] and enjoy team interviews direct from the North West 200 paddock, hosted by Stephen Watson.

On Friday night, LIVE on BBC2, a mini studio will be set up in the Relentless Suzuki garage where you can re-live all the qualifying action with rider and team interviews, again hosted by Stephen Watson.

If you would like to watch On-line streaming from Thursday night’s practice or Saturday’s race action, go to – http://www.bbc.co.uk/nw200
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
14-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: North West 200 Postings (Updated) - by Malcolm - 14-05-2009, 09:03 AM