Past TT dates
samwise Offline

Threads: 4
Question  Past TT dates
With TT practice starting a few days later this year than last, is there anywhere that shows the dates of previous TTs?

Did they used to be (as this year) the first two weeks in June, or did it vary?
19-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Website Find Reply
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19
RE: Past TT dates
For at least the last 20 years, probably longer, the dates of the TT have always been set by the middle (Mad) Sunday. This is always the first Sunday in June. This year the first Sunday in June is the 7th, so the TT is as late as it can possibly be. Last year Mad Sunday was on 1st June, so the TT dates were the earliest they could be.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure that years ago the TT was a week or so later than it is now. I seem to recall Senior Race Day being as late as 16th June or thereabouts.
19-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

David is quite correct in what he says about Mad Sunday and it's been that way for as long as I've been going(1985) if not longer.

There are those who doubt this fact.

Perhaps more importantly Manx Grand Prix practise starts 10 weeks after the TT finishes Yahoo
19-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23
David Griffiths Wrote:For at least the last 20 years, probably longer, the dates of the TT have always been set by the middle (Mad) Sunday. This is always the first Sunday in June. This year the first Sunday in June is the 7th, so the TT is as late as it can possibly be. Last year Mad Sunday was on 1st June, so the TT dates were the earliest they could be.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure that years ago the TT was a week or so later than it is now. I seem to recall Senior Race Day being as late as 16th June or thereabouts.

Correct David In 1965 Senior Race was the 18th June !967 Diamond Jubilee 16th June and of cause 2nd September in 1966
19-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Find Reply