Support Continues to Build For TTXGP as the FIM Confirms its Support
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Support Continues to Build For TTXGP as the FIM Confirms its Support
[Image: FIM.gif]

Interest in the TTXGP continues to grow, and the FIM (Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme) is one of the organisations to support the clean emissions event. The world governing body for motorcycle sport confirmed at its annual conference in February that it will be supporting the world’s first clean emissions motorcycle race, which will be held on the Isle of Man on 12th June 2009.

The TTXGP will provide an international platform for clean-emission bikes and the technology behind them to be tested in an exciting and challenging way. It aims to drive low-carbon technological innovation forward, proving that clean-emission transport technologies have matured and can be fun, fast and exciting.

A number of independent teams from all over the world have already confirmed their entries for this groundbreaking event including representatives from the USA, UK, India, Germany and Austria.

Vito Ippolito, President of the FIM, highlighted the relevance of developing clean emission technology. He commented:

“The FIM recognizes the importance of this area that is evolving very quickly. We have had a working group on alternative energies in place for a year and a half, chaired by our American Vice-President, Robert Rasor, and we are pleased to support the TTXGP race on the Isle of Man.

“The future of the sport depends on our capacity as well as that of the manufacturers to innovate quickly. We are convinced that very shortly the motorcycle World Championships will be accessible to non-polluting engines as far as gas and sound emissions are concerned.“

Hon Martyn Quayle, MHK, Minister for Tourism and Leisure, commented:

“It is a real boost to the credibility of the TTXGP to have the support of the FIM and also the continued backing of the Institute of Engineering and Technology. I recently attended and spoke at the IET’s annual Lord Austin dinner and was overwhelmed at the messages of support that I received from leading figures in the world of commerce and technology.”

About TTXGP

The TTXGP, the world’s first clean emission event, is due to be held on the Isle of Man TT course on June 12, 2009. Rules and regulations for the TTXGP together with team registration details can be found at www.ttxgp.com.

For further details on how to enter and to complete the necessary forms go to www.ttxgp.com/1raceentry.php

About Lord Austin

Lord Austin was President of the Institution of Production Engineers from 1931 to 1933, when he was awarded an Honorary Fellowship. Later known as the Institution of Manufacturing Engineers, it merged with the Institution of Electrical Engineers in 1991, and is now part of the Institution of Engineering and Technology, following the 2006 merger between the IEE and IIE.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
20-05-2009, 10:44 AM
Website Find Reply