Not photographing this year
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
Not photographing this year
Just before anyone else asks me, when I bump into them, I'm not photographing the TT or Pre-TT Classics this year, but will be marshalling for the whole fortnight instead.

I had a spot of ill health right through the winter and also lost 3 pals over the course of a month - 2 to the Big C - which made me stop and take stock. This, together with the increasing restrictions on press passes and permitted areas etc made me decide to take a year out to reconsider.

I'll be up at Glen Truan on Friday pm (after school INSET) and hope to cover the Manx, but things could change, in which case I'll let you know.

In the meantime, I hope to meet up with my TT mates old & new for a natter. See you at the Sulby Glen maybe, or if there's a TT website get-together, I'll try to be there.

Cheers & have a good one.

Boakesey
01-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55
RE: Not photographing this year
Sorry to hear this Boakesey

I wont be getting to the planned get together as am not too mobile but look out for me in the Sulby

Wishing you strength
MV
02-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Website Find Reply
boakesey Away

Hello strangers. It's been ages since I last posted, as I have to confess to not being very well of late.
I hate to say this, but I'm still not 100% and my GP even banned me from marshalling.
I'm feeling ok-ish at the moment, so I went down to Castletown today and "just" watched the amazing racing.
It felt weird not having a camera (or three) in my hands, or wearing any sort of bib, but I got to enjoy the races, which was unusual. I don't know about the rest of you, but when I'm photographing (or marshalling), I don't "watch" much - I just focus on the next shot and as soon as it's taken, get ready for the next. Oh & of course, it's safety first - you always have to ready to jump! Watching was quite relaxing by comparison, but also more exciting / scary at the same time as of course you're watching what happens further up/down the road.
So anyway, my apologies to Eddie, Chris and all the rest of Sector 5 for not being with you this year, but if you do see me out and about, please come over and say hello or something.
B
....scone out to take photos!
31-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
(02-06-2009, 09:32 PM)MV Wrote: Sorry to hear this Boakesey

I wont be getting to the planned get together as am not too mobile but look out for me in the Sulby

Wishing you strength

What is the planed get together ?.
31-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
Hi Boaksey,
Lovely to hear from you but very sorry you have not been feeling too well. Let's hope the TT atmosphere will help you. My daughter is over there at the moment and like you, it has been a difficult year for her. I am hoping the Manx air will assist in her recovery. The company certainly will. Look after yourself.
Jan
31-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
There is no planned get together from my side Pat.

This was a posting originally from 2009.

Malcolm.

(31-05-2010, 09:12 PM)pat slinn Wrote:
(02-06-2009, 09:32 PM)MV Wrote: Sorry to hear this Boakesey

Wishing you strength

What is the planed get together ?.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
31-05-2010, 09:32 PM
Website Find Reply
boakesey Away

Oops,sorry to have confused anyone. Perhaps I should have started a new thread.
Oh well, I'll blame it on the pills....
....scone out to take photos!
31-05-2010, 09:53 PM
Find Reply