Somethings last TT
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
Somethings last TT
Yes folkes, there is an icon going this year and this is the last TT that this piece of history will be used. You have all seen it and all of you have passed it. Even some of you have been given the green light from it.

Well let me know if you have an idea of what it was. All will be revieled at the end of practice week. Any guesses?
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
03-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Find Reply
ali Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Somethings last TT
Is it the timing box across from granstand by any chance,
how you doing clucie anyhow.
03-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
DCLUCIE Wrote:Yes folkes, there is an icon going this year and this is the last TT that this piece of history will be used. You have all seen it and all of you have passed it. Even some of you have been given the green light from it.

Well let me know if you have an idea of what it was. All will be revieled at the end of practice week. Any guesses?

Got to be the wooden Timekeepers' box, Dave?
03-06-2009, 11:06 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Guess I made it too easy. Yes the last year of the famous timebox. Well they said it was going to re built. But like all things TT. I will believe it when I see it. The old time box still leaks in the same old places lol.

Am doing ok Ali, getting a little better each day and able to get about a little easier than I was last week. May even make the 250 and 125 races on Saturday. Hope to see you all down there. It will be good to see everyone, have really missed it all and have never felt so at home as when I went to the races and heard the bikes again. Just hope it is all well for the Southern.

Hope Andy is enjoying the new job at the Hospital.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2009, 02:17 PM by DCLUCIE.)
04-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Good man DClucie................

Glad to read them new steel and plastic bits are bedding in............

I assume a new timing box will be in place before the old one is removed ? And of course all will remain as is untill after the real road race is over in September ?
04-06-2009, 03:59 PM
DCLUCIE Offline

Yes I think the last performance is in the Manx. I have no idea what they are going to replace it with. Maybe another old hut on a box. lol

Couldn't make it to the practice tonight, was feeling a little bit worse for wear after a hard day yesterday at physio and then a wander around to see the work mates. Was a little further than I remembered so think I over did it a little. Very sore today so having a break.
04-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Find Reply