What's wrong with riders now-a-days?
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
RE: What's wrong with riders now-a-days?
I think this looks like a marmite moment. Some riders like it some don't, and the same for spectators.

You lot should all know by now not to take some of my comments leterally, so didn't really mean the wimp thing.

As I said before there are problems with differing conditions around the course and the riders not knowing what to expect, but I also believe that if it is raining all around the course they should run the race. Maybe only for the shorter races, and only if the rain isn't torrential. I still remember one of Joey's wins where it was originally cut down to three laps, but Joey looked to the sky and decided unlike all the others to fill the tank to the brim and go through on the first lap. All the others pulled in for the pit stop on the first lap so they could get the flyer in on the third. But Joey had it right and the race was reduced to a two lapper. Of course because Joey went through, he was miles ahead of everyone else. There was total uproar by loads of teams moaning saying that Joey already knew that the race was going to be reduced. But I love to think that it was because he just knew. Track knowlage is not just about the track itself but also the conditions. To me the future of the TT is going to be a lesser place becuse of the lack of little stories like that. I can name others, Mick Grant's call from the mountain to stop Chris Guy winning his first TT.

Can anyone name any others?
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
11-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
What's wrong with riders now-a-days? - by DCLUCIE - 10-06-2009, 12:31 PM
RE: What's wrong with riders now-a-days? - by MV - 10-06-2009, 07:37 PM
RE: What's wrong with riders now-a-days? - by DCLUCIE - 11-06-2009, 09:22 AM