ITV v Greenlight TV
Ollie B Offline

Threads: 3
ITV v Greenlight TV
ITV v Greenlight...

Just watched tonights show of the Superstock race, the features, the great interview with Murray walker etc etc, who honestly believes that any Greenlight programme has had such a depth of material in all the years they did it?

Every race we see new locations, I have now honestly lost count of all the great positions they are using around the course, brilliantly shot everywhere............and again, that Hi-Motion at the bottom of Barragarrow, blooming fantastic, how good did Connor look through there, both wheels off the road and on its side, they are right to brag saying "never before seen footage"!

I think ITV have just baked another huge oven full of humble pie for their critics to swallow...... smilie smilie Bonk
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2009, 10:43 AM by Malcolm.)
11-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Find Reply
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141
RE: ITV v Greenlight TV
ITV4 FOR ME!
11-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Website Find Reply
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
Baylon McCaughey Wrote:ITV4 FOR ME!

and me
Roll on Kells 2010
12-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Find Reply
George Offline

Threads: 50
Yes I would now agree that some of this years footage has been good and so it should be because this year we paid for it not like in other years when its been free. But what else has this years TT lost due to the costs by NorthOneTV.
For those that have not made this years TT, the place is dead after the racing, very little entertainment and no atmosphere. Its very obvious that many fans have stayed away, maybe due to the credit crunch or orther reasons. We may now have seen the last of Bushies tent due to no entertaiment being allowed on the Prom.
12-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Find Reply
Ollie B Offline

George, off you go again...........................

Did Greenlight have a Hi-Motion camera...............NO!
Did Greenlight show the programmes on terrestreal tv the night of the race......NO!
Did Greenlight show informative features.........NO!
Did Greenlight use the Robocop camera we have seen in the pits and winners area...NO!
Did Greenlight show the same stuff every year....YES!
Did Greenlight film from the same old positions year after year.......YES!
Did Greenlight have upto three months to make their dvd.......YES!

A quote from someone else eaelier on in the week, Coronation Street, Miss Marple and all are back on next week, we can all sit back and watch it with a nice cup of tea!!!

ITV have made the island look fantastic-peroid!

ITV have allowed us to watch the races we love each night for nearly a fortnight......

ITV have done a better job in their first year than what we have had to watch for years, give them another year and they will be making an amazing programme each night...

Roll on TT'10
12-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Find Reply
chris Offline

Threads: 5
Ollie B Wrote:George, off you go again...........................

Did Greenlight show the programmes on terrestreal tv the night of the race......NO!
Did Greenlight use the Robocop camera we have seen in the pits and winners area...NO!

A quote from someone else eaelier on in the week, Coronation Street, Miss Marple and all are back on next week, we can all sit back and watch it with a nice cup of tea!!!

ITV have allowed us to watch the races we love each night for nearly a fortnight......

ITV have done a better job in their first year than what we have had to watch for years, give them another year and they will be making an amazing programme each night...

Roll on TT'10

The Hi-Motion camera is good, but I prefer to see some fast shots.
Showing the race on terrestial tv on the same day as the race is good.
Greenlight did show the same stuff each year, but it will be interesting to see if ITV fall into the same trap.
If you were watching the TT on TV for the first time, you would think that only McGuinness. Plater. Martin. Hutchy. Johnson. and Cummins were in the race.
I think they need to follow more of the 'middle men'. I must admit that Greenlight often only followed the 'top men'.
12-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Find Reply
Ollie B Offline

chris Wrote:
Ollie B Wrote:George, off you go again...........................

Hi-Motion is not good, its brilliant.....

Did you not notice all the fast stuff too or were you watching sky plus and re-winding the hi-motion time and time again...?

Roll on TT'10

The Hi-Motion camera is good, but I prefer to see some fast shots.
Showing the race on terrestial tv on the same day as the race is good.
Greenlight did show the same stuff each year, but it will be interesting to see if ITV fall into the same trap.
If you were watching the TT on TV for the first time, you would think that only McGuinness. Plater. Martin. Hutchy. Johnson. and Cummins were in the race.
I think they need to follow more of the 'middle men'. I must admit that Greenlight often only followed the 'top men'.
13-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Find Reply