Tyrone rider dies in race crash
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Tyrone rider dies in race crash
A Northern Ireland motorcycle rider, Andrew Neill, has been killed in a racing event in the Irish Republic.

Mr Neill died during a practice session at the Walderstown course in Athlone. Another rider was injured at the event.

It is understood Mr Neill, 27, from Newmills in County Tyrone, was killed when the motorcycle he was riding collided with a tree at about 1230 BST.

Mr Neill was a well known rider on the Irish road racing scene and competed in his first Isle of Man TT in June.

He finished fourth in the 250cc class at this year's Billown TT event on the island, having also taken a fourth place at the Castletown circuit the previous year.

Mr Neill won the 250cc race at the Bush Road Races staged by the Dungannon club in County Tyrone last month.

He was a regular on the Irish road racing scene and also competed at the North West 200 and Ulster Grand Prix.

He previously rode at the Manx Grand Prix but graduated to the TT Mountain Course this year, taking 19th in the Supersport A race and 16th in the Supersport B event.

Mr Neill rode for the same team as Cookstown rider Mark Young, who was killed in an accident at the North West 200 in May.

Courtesy of BBC Northern Ireland
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
12-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Tyrone rider dies in race crash
We at TTWebsite would like to take this opportunity to pass on our sincerest condolences to the family and close friends of Andrew at this sad time.

Malcolm.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
12-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Website Find Reply