Andrew niell
pitlane07 Offline

Threads: 31
Andrew niell
How sad,we have lost one of our brightest lights,Andrew was one of the racing nice guys,always pleasant always a, how are you .He had a great tt and a great future on the roads,respect to family and friends,god bless Andrew,pitlane07.
PITLANE 07
12-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
RE: Andrew niell
For those of you that haven't heard this tragic news, it is reported on the BBC website:

"Tyrone rider dies in race crash

Andrew Neill who died at a racing event at the Walderstown course
A Northern Ireland motorcycle rider, Andrew Neill, has been killed in a racing event in the Irish Republic.

Mr Neill died during a practice session at the Walderstown course in Athlone. Another rider was injured at the event.

It is understood Mr Neill, 27, from Newmills in County Tyrone, was killed when the motorcycle he was riding collided with a tree at about 1230 BST.

Mr Neill was a well known rider on the Irish road racing scene and competed in his first Isle of Man TT in June.

He finished fourth in the 250cc class at this year's Billown TT event on the island, having also taken a fourth place at the Castletown circuit the previous year.

Mr Neill won the 250cc race at the Bush Road Races staged by the Dungannon club in County Tyrone last month.

He was a regular on the Irish road racing scene and also competed at the North West 200 and Ulster Grand Prix.

He previously rode at the Manx Grand Prix but graduated to the TT Mountain Course this year, taking 19th in the Supersport A race and 16th in the Supersport B event.

Mr Neill rode for the same team as Cookstown rider Mark Young, who was killed in an accident at the North West 200 in May."
12-07-2009, 09:55 PM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
Tragic news, there are no words but heartfelt thoughts to his family, team and friends tonight and in the weeks and months to come.
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
12-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Find Reply
ali Offline

Threads: 5
I met Andy at TT 09 what a lovely man he was, always stopped and had a chat. I was at signing on tonight for S100 and it was very hard seeing his name on the list and having his signing on card in my pile and knowing that he wasn't going to be there to collect it. My deepest condolences to all his family & friends.
12-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Find Reply
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23
My condolenses to all connected.Motorcycle racing can be a cruel but wonderful sport and at least the lad died doing what he enjoyed like many before him
RIP Andrew under the chequered flag
12-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Find Reply
George Offline

Threads: 50
RIP Andrew, you gave it all for the sport you loved, very sad at the S100 paddock tonight
12-07-2009, 11:45 PM
Find Reply
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
RIP. Neil this sport of ours can be so cruel.
Roll on Kells 2010
13-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Find Reply