Philip Dongworth R I P
eric Offline

Threads: 13
Philip Dongworth R I P
Experienced sidecar competitor Philip Dongworth has died after a crash during last night’s (Tuesday) Southern 100 qualifying session.

The 43 year-old from Stamford Bridge in Worcester had been airlifted to Noble’s Hospital with serious injuries after an incident at Ballanorris.

Organisers of the Southern 100 announced the news and are expressing their deepest sympathy to Mr Dongworth’s wife, family and friends.

A full investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident is also underway.

Mr Dongworth’s passenger Stu Castles remains in hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
15-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Philip Dongworth R I P
This is such sad news.

We at TTWebsite wish to extend our sincerest condolences to the family of Phil at this tragic time.

We also send our best wishes to Stu and his family, and sincerely hope that his injuries will not involve a lengthy stay in hospital, but rather his recovery is a speedy one, towards regaining full health.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
15-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Website Find Reply
Pipeman
Unregistered

Rip Phil,

You gave pleasure to so many people during your racing career,
Such a loss,

My thoughts go out to his family at this differcult time,

And hope that Stu.s stay in hosital is only short,

Such sad news,
15-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
Tragic news which i first saw announced early this morning on the front pages of the other roads sites.

Was listening to the coverage last night and realised it must have been serious.

Heartfelt thoughts to his family, and friends and wishing Stu Castles a complete recovery.
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2009, 06:50 PM by Stella.)
15-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
RIP Phil your advice over the years was a great help, you will be sadly missed.

I first met Phil years ago at my first meeting in the UK. I learned so so much in that first meeting and it was Phil who gave the most advice. Its the little things like that that make racing a family affair, and that you seem to remember the most.

My heart felt condolences to all Phils family and close friends.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
16-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Find Reply