Help needed
Gstarron Offline

Threads: 36
Help needed
Well, it looks like I will make it.. but may need some help.. Is anyone sailing from Liverpool on Friday the 21st (19:30 sailing) that has room in their vehicle for some race bike spares..? Just a couple of boxes, 2 wheels and a rear stand. I am working on an alternative, as I know this is a long shot... I will be "dropped" off at the ferry with my racer and spares.

Cheers..!!

Ron - 3 weeks until first practice..!!
01-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

RE: Help needed
Hi All... Maybe I can amend my needs... anyone in the Manchester or Liverpool area leaving for the IOM (either Haysham or LIverpool) on Friday (the 22nd) afternoon or Saturday (almost any time) that has room for my spares..?? Or any alternative suggestions would be greatly appreciated..!!

Cheers..!!!

Ron - it will be a long way to my home tool box in California..!!!
05-08-2009, 04:40 AM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

Gosh, only days away and you all are very quiet... THE MANX IS COMING,
THE MANX IS COMING..! (sorry Yank humor here...)..

Well, yesterday I dropped of a large crate to the freight forwarder's office... no way can I complain about the Ferry boat rates.. almost 4,500 £ to ship with return...

But, to miss one of the greatest races on earth..? Not to worry... see you all there... and yes I think I got my spares assistance handled..!!!!

Looks like the only help I will need is walking home after the Pub Crawls...

Cheers..!!!

Ron
13-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

Hi All..!
Seems like help is still needed... anyone sailing on 22 August at 9 PM that can help me..? I would gladly reward you with a few pints..!! A foot passenger would also work, just anyone that is willing to push the (silly) cart through the check point, then I can take over once on the Ferry....
Cheers..!!

Ron

(01-08-2009, 03:54 PM)Gstarron Wrote: Well, it looks like I will make it.. but may need some help.. Is anyone sailing from Liverpool on Friday the 21st (19:30 sailing) that has room in their vehicle for some race bike spares..? Just a couple of boxes, 2 wheels and a rear stand. I am working on an alternative, as I know this is a long shot... I will be "dropped" off at the ferry with my racer and spares.

Cheers..!!

Ron - 3 weeks until first practice..!!
16-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

Seems like I must like talking to myself.... heh.. j/k... My flight is late this afternoon... however the racer is being held up by U.S. Customs... so I doubt I will make the Friday night sailing anyway....

What would it be, to have a MGP and no drama..??? Guess I will start drinking early.... and often..!

Cheers..!!

Ron
(This post was last modified: 20-08-2009, 02:17 PM by Gstarron.)
20-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Find Reply
George Offline

Threads: 50
(20-08-2009, 02:16 PM)Gstarron Wrote: Seems like I must like talking to myself.... heh.. j/k... My flight is late this afternoon... however the racer is being held up by U.S. Customs... so I doubt I will make the Friday night sailing anyway....

What would it be, to have a MGP and no drama..??? Guess I will start drinking early.... and often..!

Cheers..!!

Ron

PM me if you need any help,transport etc, or help with the bikes and set up
20-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

Hi George and all the rest..!! I finally was able to confirm my racer is on English soil... but near London, it is supposed to be transported to Manchester by truck this evening, and clear customs tomorrow (Sunday). But they most likely will NOT let me pick up the bike until Monday after 6:30 am. IF things go well, I will make the mid day ferry sailing, and just might make practice on Monday. The weather forecast for Monday looks BRILLIANT..! Worst case, I take the 7 pm sailing.... So much drama for one race bike..!!! I guess it better go good this year..!! Thank you for the help offer...! I hope to get someone to get my spares on to the ferry, while I take the bike... if not, then the spares stay in Liverpool until I can get them brought over..

So, how did the first practice go...??

Cheers..!!
Ron
22-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

A quick update... picked up the bike this (Monday) morning... got a big hooorahh.. at the ferry boat, but finally got them to help me... got to the IOM around 2 pm, went right to the paddock... and yes made a lap of practice..!

I even got to meet up with some of the racers I met last year..!!

Thanks for all those wishing me well.... and a GREAT MGP to all..!!!

Cheers..!

Ron - life really s good..!!

(22-08-2009, 10:21 PM)Gstarron Wrote: Hi George and all the rest..!! I finally was able to confirm my racer is on English soil... but near London, it is supposed to be transported to Manchester by truck this evening, and clear customs tomorrow (Sunday). But they most likely will NOT let me pick up the bike until Monday after 6:30 am. IF things go well, I will make the mid day ferry sailing, and just might make practice on Monday. The weather forecast for Monday looks BRILLIANT..! Worst case, I take the 7 pm sailing.... So much drama for one race bike..!!! I guess it better go good this year..!! Thank you for the help offer...! I hope to get someone to get my spares on to the ferry, while I take the bike... if not, then the spares stay in Liverpool until I can get them brought over..

So, how did the first practice go...??

Cheers..!!
Ron
25-08-2009, 12:25 AM
Find Reply