Another honour is bestowed upon Lougher
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Another honour is bestowed upon Lougher
[Image: blackhorselogo.gif]

With less than two weeks to go until the 2009 Ulster Grand Prix Bike Week, the organising committee have announced their decision to rename the famous Budore Corner in recognition of Team Blackhorse Yamaha rider/manager Ian Lougher's racing achievements.

The 170mph section of the historic course will now be known as 'Lougher's'.

The popular Welshman is one of the finest ambassadors for the sport of Motorcycle Racing. Currently in his 28th season of racing, he has built up an enviable tally of statistics - 10 Isle of Man TT wins, (the rider with the most number of 120mph average laps ever raced in the 102 year history of the event), a record 32 times Southern 100 winner, 124 race wins at Oliver's Mount, Scarborough, 9 North-West 200 wins - the list goes on........

When it comes to Dundrod itself Ian is once again up amongst the best with 13 Ulster Grand Prix race wins making him the third most successful rider ever around the seven miles Co. Antrim circuit, and finds the technically demanding course very much in keeping with his style of racing. In the 2002 Superbike race Ian broke the existing lap record on the fourth lap with a speed of 127.820 mph to elevate the Ulster Grand Prix to the title of Fastest Road Race in the British Isles, Ian has since gone on to become a member of the small and elite '130mph plus Club'.

Ian Lougher:

"In my opinion the most exhilarating corner on any circuit is Budore at the Ulster Grand Prix. The course itself is one of my favourites on the race calendar and I am extremely honoured and delighted with the Dundrod & District Motorcycle Club's lovely gesture.

Here's to a great 2009 Ulster Grand Prix Bike Week!"
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
01-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Website Find Reply