Bad day at Armoy
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Bad day at Armoy
Full investigation already underway after bike ploughs into crowd

It has been reported that a spectator has been killed at the first running of the Armoy road races in County Antrim, Northern Ireland.

Apparently, a motorcycle ridden by Victor Gilmore crashed then ploughed into a spectator on the Dean's Rise part of the course during the opening stages of the final race on Saturday afternoon.

The Clerk of the course Mr. Bill Kennedy said: "Armoy Motorcycle and Road Racing Club, are devastated by the news that a spectator has died following a serious incident at Dean's Rise on the Ballycastle Road.

Victor Gilmore was taken to hospital for treatment, believed to be NOT serious, however suspected to include a badly broken arm.

"A full investigation of the incident is being carried out jointly by the PSNI and the Motorcycle Union of Ireland."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2009, 11:44 AM by Malcolm.)
09-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Website Find Reply
ade! Offline

Threads: 30
RE: Bad day at Armoy
terrible news for all concerned in yesterdays first armoy road race. get well soon victor, one of the nicest blokes you could wish to meet. sincere condolences to the friends and family of the old fellah who lost his life. beginning to wish this crappy season was over Icon_cry
ade!
ACU? why not add "nt" to the end, you'll get the idea!
09-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Find Reply
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
A sad day and condences to the family of the fan and Victor get well soon as Ade states a great fella and always smiling.
Roll on Kells 2010
10-08-2009, 08:19 AM
Find Reply
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23
How unlucky what a fluke accident. Reading of it at http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk the two guys look in an absolute safe spectator position.Just shows you can never be sure what will happen when metal starts flying around.Hope this will not have any adverse effect.
RIP
10-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Find Reply