OFT wants to know your opinion of ferry fares
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
OFT wants to know your opinion of ferry fares
Have YOUR say on Steam Packet fares.

[Image: steampacketlogo.gif]

As part of an ongoing investigation into prices charged by the Steam Packet, the Office of Fair Trading is seeking the views of the public and businesses.

The inquiry is looking at the price of passenger and vehicle fares including fuel surcharges and freight charges.

OFT research and development officer Kirsty Hemsley said: 'I would like to encourage members of the public and businesses to take this valuable chance to put forward views on this important subject that affects everyone, directly or indirectly. This is your chance to contribute to the investigation.

'The views expressed may be included (anonymously if requested) in the final report on the investigation when it is produced for the Council of Ministers to consider.

'Please note that, due to the envisaged high response rate, we will not be able to answer all correspondence, but I can assure people that all valid concerns will be scrutinised. I am hoping that we will receive helpful evidence and information.'

Anyone or organisation with information relevant to the investigation must submit their comments in writing and send them either by post to Isle of Man Steam Packet Company Investigation, Isle of Man Office of Fair Trading, Government Building, Lord Street, Douglas,IM1 1LE or by email to iomfairtrading@gov.im or by fax to (01624) 686504.

A comments form has also been added to the OFT's website at http://www.gov.im/oft/contact/contactform.gov

Anyone submitting comments should identify any information that they would wish to remain confidential as relevant information received may be appended to the final report.

Submissions should be received no later than Friday, September 25.

Courtesy of Isle of Man Newspapers.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
11-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Website Find Reply
Audrey McClements Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
RE: OFT wants to know your opinion of ferry fares
(11-08-2009, 10:53 AM)Malcolm Wrote:
Have YOUR say on Steam Packet fares.

[Image: steampacketlogo.gif]

As part of an ongoing investigation into prices charged by the Steam Packet, the Office of Fair Trading is seeking the views of the public and businesses.

The inquiry is looking at the price of passenger and vehicle fares including fuel surcharges and freight charges.

OFT research and development officer Kirsty Hemsley said: 'I would like to encourage members of the public and businesses to take this valuable chance to put forward views on this important subject that affects everyone, directly or indirectly. This is your chance to contribute to the investigation.

'The views expressed may be included (anonymously if requested) in the final report on the investigation when it is produced for the Council of Ministers to consider.

'Please note that, due to the envisaged high response rate, we will not be able to answer all correspondence, but I can assure people that all valid concerns will be scrutinised. I am hoping that we will receive helpful evidence and information.'

Anyone or organisation with information relevant to the investigation must submit their comments in writing and send them either by post to Isle of Man Steam Packet Company Investigation, Isle of Man Office of Fair Trading, Government Building, Lord Street, Douglas,IM1 1LE or by email to iomfairtrading@gov.im or by fax to (01624) 686504.

A comments form has also been added to the OFT's website at http://www.gov.im/oft/contact/contactform.gov

Anyone submitting comments should identify any information that they would wish to remain confidential as relevant information received may be appended to the final report.

Submissions should be received no later than Friday, September 25.

Courtesy of Isle of Man Newspapers.

I would like to know why it is so costly to come over by boat and car? Surely in this day and age they should be able to do it a bit cheaper and then other people will come back because all i hear when they get here how much it has cost them and they won't be back the following year because of it. I know for certain at least 20 people that have not come back in this last two years because of the increases. They must be able to let other Steam Liners like Stenna and at momement just can't remeber anymore be able to tender motions that they can provide cheaper fares but that's my opininion.
(This post was last modified: 15-08-2009, 03:46 AM by Audrey McClements.)
15-08-2009, 03:39 AM
Find Reply