Wednesday - Section of Mountain Road closes
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Wednesday - Section of Mountain Road closes
The Mountain Road has been closed between Ramsey Hairpin and the Bungalow until 2pm today (Wednesday).

The closure is needed to re-locate the marshal's shelter at the 27th Milestone after a bike collided with it during last night's Manx Grand Prix practice session.

Simon Perkin came off at the 27th Milestone and was airlifted to Noble's Hospital, Braddan.

The shelter as well as a portable toilet are being moved from the right to the left side of the road. A crane and other machinery will be required to do this, said highways director Bruce Hannay.

'Because of the weather conditions I directed that this had to be done under a road closure,' he explained.

'The fact the shelter has been hit by a racing bike shows, where it's placed, that it can happen again. Everyone realised it's got to be moved.'

There has also been a landslide on the Mountain Road that the Department of Transport will look to deal with this while the road closure is in force.

The next Manx Grand Prix practice session is scheduled for tonight with roads closing at 6pm, weather permitting.

Meanwhile, severe flooding around the area of Black Dub led to the road between Ballig Bridge and Little London crossroads being closed. It has now reopened.

Courtesy IOMonline.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
26-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Website Find Reply