Hodgson and Hill to contest MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hodgson and Hill to contest MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship
Neil Hodgson will challenge for the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship in association with Pirelli next year and among his rivals will be Tommy Hill who has signed to ride for the Worx Crescent Suzuki team.

Riding for the Motorpoint Yamaha team, Hodgson is bidding to regain the domestic title that he won in a dramatic final round back in the 2000 season, a success that prompted his move into the World series, winning that title three years later.

Hodgson subsequently raced in the American Superbike series for five years, the last of which was spoiled by injury, before returning to check out the British scene at the Croft round and beginning discussions with the Yamaha team owned by a former champion Rob McElnea.

“I’m back racing, and I am racing to win the title,” explained Hodgson. “I have a lot of passion in me to get the job done and want to be successful.”

Hill is equally determined to make his mark having secured the Worx Crescent Suzuki ride alongside their Japanese star Yukio Kagayama.

The Epsom rider, who signed off the season with podium finishes at Oulton Park for Hydrex Honda, had impressed the Suzuki team with strong rides in the two mid-term rounds in which he deputised for their injured rider Sylvain Guintoli.

"I’m very happy to be in the Worx Crescent Suzuki team,” said Hill. “I’ve worked with them this year, and so for me going into winter testing with a team that I’ve already worked with is fantastic. They have a cracking bike, to have that and a team that I want to work with is so important – that’s always good for a rider's confidence.”

The 2010 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship in association with Pirelli begins at Brands Hatch over the Easter weekend, 3-4-5 April.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
12-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Website Find Reply