L A Hutchings - ATT 1929
Richard Johns Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
L A Hutchings - ATT 1929
I am trying to trace details of a rider/bike that raced in the ATT in the late 1920s. His name was L A Hutchings and there are various details of events in which he competed on the TT race database website.

In particular, he was 3rd on a Velocette in the Junior ATT in 1929. The reason that I am enquiring is that I have possibly acquired his bike (this was a Velocette KTT 55 sold to a C S Hutchins in Dover in March 1929). I do know that a Susanna Hutchins lived at the delivery address of the bike and that she had a son, aged 30 in 1929, by the name of Leonard. But, so far, I have been unable to find a positive connection between the bike and L A Hutchins.

I have been in contact with various people in the IOM to research this and the last was Bill Snelling. Bill said that no significant data on racers/bikes was routinely recorded in 1929, so that drew a blank. However he did mention that an Allan Hutchings rode in the TT from 1963 to 1969. I have contacted the TT riders association to try and find out if Allan Hutchings is still around as he might be related.

Anyway, does anyone have any information at all on a L A Hutchings that raced Velocettes in the late 1920s? Full name? Age? Where he came from? anything?

Thanks

Richard
22-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Find Reply
RichieRich Offline

Threads: 4
RE: L A Hutchings - ATT 1929
Hi Richard,
I would suggest you make contact with Mr Ivan Rhodes who has a huge amount of info about the Velocette marque. He was really helpful with an enquiry I had seveal years ago.
I don't have any contact details, but try the Velocette owners club or perhaps someone on this site maybe able to help.
Good Luck!
Richard H
25-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Find Reply
Richard Johns Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
Hi Richard,

I have already contacted Ivan and he has been very helpful, in fact it was Ivan that initially pointed out that L A Hutchings came 3rd in the ATT. Ivan has the factory shipping records but, I don't believe, any further information on the subsequent history. I am a member of the Velo OC and will try Fishtail.

Thanks

Richard J
25-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Find Reply
Rennmax Offline

Threads: 4
Hi Richard,

probably the guy who runs this site could assist you

http://velobanjogent.blogspot.com/

Cheers
26-01-2010, 09:17 AM