TT ZERO ELECTRICAL SAFETY
deejay51 Offline

Threads: 9
TT ZERO ELECTRICAL SAFETY
I have posted on a few websites my ongoing comments regarding Electrical Safety prior to the TTXGP 2009, suffice to say I was delighted to discover that all the TTXGP Teams I spoke to prior to the event had ZEV Voltage configurations of nominally 100V peak. Further the winning Team Agni ZEV Motorcycle and other entrants utilising the highly efficient Agni Motor had Battery Stack Voltage Ratings of 72V to suit the motor characteristics. 72V and 100V are still a little high in my opinion, however the risk is easily manageable when compared to the inaugural event TTXGP Regulations which allowed 'extremely high' 1000V Peak and 500V point to point figures.

Moving to the TT Zero Event I ask that the TT Organisers urgently mandate a clamp on the peak voltage rating for the event, certainly the 72V~100V battery configurations are levels offering a balance between reduced current and most importantly safety for both the Rider, Marshalls and First Response Personnel.

NB: I have retained all my Electrical Safety in Motor Racing opinions, critically those explaining electrical terms and alleviation of risk on my website, link....

http://www.deejay51.com/electrical_safety.htm
(This post was last modified: 29-01-2010, 04:10 AM by deejay51.)
29-01-2010, 04:09 AM
Website Find Reply