Southern 100 Club announces Pre-TT Classic and Post TT Road Race Programme
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Southern 100 Club announces Pre-TT Classic and Post TT Road Race Programme
[Image: pretthdr.gif]

Steam Packet Company offer special £99 Pre-TT and TT qualifying deal for fans to visit Isle of Man and experience road racing

The Southern 100 Club today announced the race programme for the Pre-TT Classic and Post TT Road races. The popular meetings are held on the 4.25 mile Billown Course near Castletown in the South of the Isle of Man.

The Pre-TT classic will feature 250cc and 350cc Singles, Lightweight, Junior, Senior, Unlimited Classic and Post Classic solo machines as well as spectacular sidecar racing. The three days of racing on Friday 28th May, Saturday 29th May and Monday 31st May culminates with the popular Open Air Concours d’Elegance of Racing Machines and a Prize Presentation in Castletown Square.

The Post-TT Road Races will be held on the afternoon of Saturday 12th June and will consist of three eight lap races; the first will feature 125cc and 400cc machines running concurrently as a two class race, the second is for 250cc and 650cc machines and the third will feature 600cc bikes.

The Isle of Man Steam Packet Company has developed an exclusive package called the ‘TT Taster’, the trip gives bike fans the opportunity to experience the best Motorbike racing that the Island has to offer. The deal is £99* for a bike and rider return by ferry from Liverpool,Heysham, Dublin or Belfast to the Isle of Man. Accomodation packages are also available starting from £159 for ferry travel and 3 nights bed and breakfast.

This will allow fans the chance to experience the TT qualifying sessions on the mountain circuit as well as the full pre-TT classic Race programme at Billown. There’s also the chance to experience the stunning scenery and everything else the Isle of Man has to offer visitors.

Hon Martyn Quayle, MHK, Minister for Tourism and Leisure Isle of Man Government commented: “The Steam Packet Company have come up with a great affordable offer that will give people the chance to experience the thrill of seeing road racing on two different courses on the Isle of Man. I hope that many people take up the chance to experience the racing as well as the many other aspects that the Island has to offer visitors.”

2010 Pre TT Classic Races Entry Form

2010 Pre TT Classic Supplementary Regulations

2010 Pre TT Classic Press Information

(All 3 forms have to be submitted)

Pre TT Classic competitors please contact George Peach by email HERE or ring 07624 471301 for details of ferry prices

2010 Manx Telecom Post TT Races Entry Form

2010 Manx Telecom Post TT Regulations 2010

Post TT competitors please contact George Peach by email HERE or ring 07624 471301 for details of ferry prices

--- / ---

The ‘TT Taster’offer is valid for travel from 20 May 2010 and passengers must arrive on the island on or before 30 May 2010. Return sailing must commence on or before 3 June 2010. To book a package call Steam Packet Holidays on 08457 585833. Bookings can be made online at http://www.steam-packet.com For other TT Packages call Regency Travel on 01624 694455.

--- / ---
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 13-02-2010, 05:13 PM by Malcolm.)
11-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Website Find Reply
nellieiom Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
RE: Southern 100 Club announces Pre-TT Classic and Post TT Road Race Programme
hiya, heard a rumour that the pre tt classic has ben cancelled this year, please would you confirm this for me, we have booked through the steam-packet on the tt taster, we'll still go over to see freinds, but it would be better with a bit of racing, thanx muchly, ride safe H xxx
25-02-2010, 09:33 PM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
Better not be, our kid - I sent my entry in today!!

CrossfingersCrossfingersCrossfingers

Icon_biggrin

(25-02-2010, 09:33 PM)nellieiom Wrote: hiya, heard a rumour that the pre tt classic has ben cancelled this year, please would you confirm this for me, we have booked through the steam-packet on the tt taster, we'll still go over to see freinds, but it would be better with a bit of racing, thanx muchly, ride safe H xxx
25-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
After a word with those that would know, I can advise you:

Certainly not ! Entries are very encouraging and everything is in place for all three events being held on the Billown Course during 2010; the Blackford's Pre TT Classic Road Races, the Manx Telecom Post TT Road race and the Steam Packet Southern 100 International Road Races.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
26-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Website Find Reply