TT non-starter
Graham Bean Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
TT non-starter
I am wheelchair bound, suffering from MS; I have ferry tickets booked for the TT period, but alas, nowhere to stay. Unfortunately, the friends with I normally stay are unable to accommodate me this year. Few hotels have facilities which I require - most importantly, vertical grab rail[s] on the wall next to the toilet; those which do have [ie the Sefton - £200 per night B&B for the room I would require = a hefty price rise for the TT period] are out of my price league. The IoM is not part of the UK and so does not have to adhere to regulations regarding facilities for the disabled - I cite the Hilton Hotel in Douglas as a prime example of this, but won't go into details here. I have covered so many options - hotels, farm cottages, respite care homes....but any other ideas would be gratefully received.............and yes, I have written to the Hon Minister for Tourism & Leisure..............

..........and once accommodation is secured I'll then deal with the problem of finding an insurance company which will cover someone with a pre-existing disabling condition to travel to the IoM now that the reciprocal health arrangement has been terminated............

Thanks - Graham.....a frustrated ex-pat Manxman wanting to return home to watch the TT Races
12-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Find Reply
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147
RE: TT non-starter
Can anyone out there PLEASE help Graham!
He has put so much into the TT as editor of the TT Supporters Club magazine for many years.
I'm on the Great Flapjack Foray of Life - can't you tell!
“You don’t stop riding because you get old. You get old because you stop riding”
13-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Website Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
Graham, I assume that you've tried Joey Dunlop Foundation Braddan Bridge House?
13-02-2010, 12:15 AM
Find Reply
George Offline

Threads: 50
Ring Kevin on 01624677606 for any help you may need JDIR
19-02-2010, 07:52 PM
Find Reply