STEVE PLATER ALL SET FOR NEW SEASON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
STEVE PLATER ALL SET FOR NEW SEASON
Following a string of fast laps during pre-season testing, Lincolnshire race ace Steve Plater is all set for the opening round of the new season which takes place at Brands Hatch over the Easter weekend.

[Image: platerlogo.gif]

Plater, from Woodhall Spa near Lincoln completed some testing in Spain before returning to the UK to take part in the official British Superbike pre-season test at Brands Hatch where he was in sparkling form, unofficially breaking the existing lap record by over half a second.

“We lost a day in Spain due to bad weather,” explained the HM Plant Honda rider. “But testing went well there and again at Brands Hatch. Lap times were really good at Brands but all classes were quicker than last year because they have laid some new tarmac during the winter months and that has made it faster all round.

“I was happy enough with the bike and we found a decent set-up so if the weather is kind to us on race day we should be on the pace. I have a new personal sponsor on board this year, Hillway Construction and would like to take this opportunity to thank them for their support.”

Plater, the current British Supersport champion, is contesting the National Superstock championship this year and will begin his campaign at Brands Hatch over the Easter weekend with practice and qualifying on Friday, Saturday and Sunday ahead of the 24-lap race at 11.30am on Easter Monday.
  • Following the Brands Hatch test Plater travelled to the Isle of Man where he joined forces with the other race winners from last year’s TT races for the launch of the 2010 TT festival. Last year Steve won the high profile Senior TT for HM Plant Honda and was the overall champion and is once again contesting the Superbike, Supersport and Superstock TT races in June.

[Image: 2010presentation-2.gif]

Left to right Michael Dunlop (Supersport 2) Ian Hutchinson (Supersport 1 & Superstock),
Steve Plater (Senior and overall champion), Dave Molyneux (Sidecar 1),
John McGuinness (Superbike), Rob Barber (TTXGP).

• Prior to the opening round of the British Superbike championship, Steve Plater heads out to Portrush in Ireland for the launch of the NW200 races where in May he will contest five races, (2 Superbike, 2 Supersport and the Superstock)
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
25-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Website Find Reply