Flying to the TT
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Flying to the TT
In the late 50s and early 60s my parents and I flew from Newcastle to Ronaldsway and back in a mix of aeroplanes. To help me to compile my article on the 1960 TT, I went up into my loft and pulled out my bag of souvenirs from that year and in it found a photo of a BEA Dakota G-AMJY (named RMA James McCudden by the way) which I believed was the one we flew in that year.

However I can not confirm that this aeroplane was on the Newcastle run and if it was photographed by me in 1960. As I said there were many options including DH Rapides and Elizabethans etc Flying over at that time.

I realise this is not a TT topic relating to the event itself, but I do hope that someone out there, airminded, who would know where to look for confirmation. Yahoo is no help !

Thanking you in advance.
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 02-04-2010, 10:13 PM by ian huntly.)
02-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Website Find Reply
stealth Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Flying to the TT
(02-04-2010, 10:12 PM)ian huntly Wrote: In the late 50s and early 60s my parents and I flew from Newcastle to Ronaldsway and back in a mix of aeroplanes. To help me to compile my article on the 1960 TT, I went up into my loft and pulled out my bag of souvenirs from that year and in it found a photo of a BEA Dakota G-AMJY (named RMA James McCudden by the way) which I believed was the one we flew in that year.

However I can not confirm that this aeroplane was on the Newcastle run and if it was photographed by me in 1960. As I said there were many options including DH Rapides and Elizabethans etc Flying over at that time.

I realise this is not a TT topic relating to the event itself, but I do hope that someone out there, airminded, who would know where to look for confirmation. Yahoo is no help !

Thanking you in advance.

Ian If/when you are over try the aviation museum next to the airport, they've got old timetables, leaflets etc and knowledgable staff.

On a wet TT day (rare I knowIcon_biggrin) its well worth a look around the museum too.
03-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Find Reply
smiler Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
RE: Flying to the TT
The museum is a great place for a visit, http://www.maps.iofm.net/ and have some classic TT photo`s for sale too at £1 each!!
gan canny,

M.C
04-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Find Reply