Amor Back in the Saddle for Road Racing Season
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Amor Back in the Saddle for Road Racing Season
After weeks of speculation, Scots ace Keith Amor is delighted to announce that he'll be back on the grid for the 2010 road racing season with his first meeting coming at the International North West 200 in four weeks time. Riding under the KBMG Racing banner, Amor will have a full compliment of machinery for all three classes, running BMW's in Superbike and Superstock and a Ten Kate Honda in Supersport.

Since splitting from the JMF/Millsport Racing team, Amor has been working hard to secure enough sponsorship to mount his campaign, which should see him be a strong contender for honours at all of the meetings, and a conglomerate of sponsors have come on board to ensure he'll have a strong presence on the grid. Both the Superbike and Supersport machines will run in the black and yellow colours of Leo Vince with the 600cc bike being supplied by Kojak Racing whilst the Superstock bike is courtesy of long time road race supporters W.A. Corless/Jackson Racing. Meanwhile, Moto Pistone will be providing all the servicing, transport, paddock support and workshop facilities for KBMG Racing and Amor is confident he has the set-up that will give him what he needs to challenge for the race wins.

Speaking today, the Falkirk rider said:

"The last few weeks have been incredibly hard going but thanks to the support of my loyal sponsors and friends, especially Bob and Carol at MotoGB for all their continued patience, we've managed to put together a strong package and I'm confident that I'll be able to run at the front, particularly in the Supersport and Superstock classes. Ten Kate are pulling out all the stops to provide me with a first rate Supersport bike whilst the BMW has already proved, both in Europe and in England, how strong it is in Superstock trim. The Superbike will be closer to 'Evo' spec than a full blown Superbike but it will be reliable and quick so I'm looking to spring a few surprises in the premier class. I'm feeling really optimistic about the season now and although I'll arrive at the North West a little race rusty I'm mega-determined that this is going to be my strongest year so far."

Amor's immediate focus is on the North West 200 and Isle of Man TT, where he'll also be racing the 666 Road Racing bike in the TT Zero Electric race, but, after that, he hopes to contest a number of the National road races in Ireland including Athea, Skerries, Kells, Armoy and Killalane. He will, of course, also be competing at the Ulster Grand Prix in August with a debut appearance at the Southern 100 also a possibility.

Phil Wain
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 18-04-2010, 06:19 PM by Malcolm.)
18-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Website Find Reply