Ellison update after practice crash
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ellison update after practice crash
[Image: swanhondahdr.gif]

Swan Honda's James Ellison underwent a successful operation last night to have his broken femur plated
after his high-speed crash during the third free practice session at Thruxton yesterday morning.

Ellison had been the pace-setter until he crashed at Goodwood, one of the fastest points on the circuit, but he remains in high spirits following his operation this morning and is now fully focused on his recuperation over the forthcoming weeks.

Ellison said:

"I had my operation at 3am this morning and I have had a metal bar inserted in from the top near my hip. I am now just hoping for a speedy recovery; I am hoping to start physio tomorrow and I am planning to get into one of the compression chambers as they help to speed up the healing progress. I can't put any weight on the leg for the first week but I have movement in it so now my focus is on recuperation.

"I am probably going to miss a few rounds, at the moment I would think up to the first Cadwell Park, but then there is a summer break so I should be ready to come back after that. In terms of the championship and the rules the way they are now, I am confident that once I am back out there I can have some good finishes and still get in the top six for the Showdown. We will see how it goes and I will be keeping everyone updated with the progress I am making. I also just want to thank everyone for all their support and messages since the crash and I am looking forward to getting back out there on the Swan Honda."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
18-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Website Find Reply