Oulton Park BSB Update - Saturday
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Oulton Park BSB Update - Saturday
Easton fastest as Hill crashes

Swan Honda's Stuart Easton maintained his pace-setting record in the second free practice session at Oulton Park this afternoon, to remain ahead of Michael Rutter and championship leader Tommy Hill ahead of tomorrow's qualifying shootout.

Easton was the early pace setter and held the advantage from Hill, but as the Worx Crescent Suzuki rider strived to take the advantage he crashed out at Clay Hill with just ten minutes remaining. He later dropped from second to third as a resurgent Rutter moved second in the final three minutes.

Gary Mason had a stunning session on the MSS Colchester Kawasaki running third towards the end of the session before dropping back to fourth, whilst team-mate Chris Walker was also inside the top ten in eighth.

Alastair Seeley on the Relentless Suzuki by TAS and team-mate Michael Laverty were running in the top five during the session, but with the improving pace they dropped down to ninth and tenth respectively.

HM Plant Honda's Josh Brookes left it late in the session to clock his best time, moving fifth in the final minutes, to edge out Ian Lowry on the Motorpoint Yamaha who ended sixth. The second Motorpoint Yamaha of Dan Linfoot crashed out Shell with less than ten minutes left on the clock.

Tommy Bridewell on his return on the Quay Garage Honda moved seventh in the closing stages, whilst Alex Lowes was the fastest Mirror.co.uk BSB - Evo rider in 18th with championship leader David Anthony setting the 20th fastest time.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Oulton Park, free practice two:

Stuart Easton (Swan Honda) 1m:36.696s
Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +0.015s
Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +0.210s
Gary Mason (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +0.319s
Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +0.345s
Ian Lowry (Motorpoint Yamaha) +0.546s
Tommy Bridewell (Quay Garage Honda) +0.682s
Chris Walker (MSS Colchester Kawasaki)+0.710s
Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.717s
Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.752s

Lowry impresses on Motorpoint Yamaha debut

Ian Lowry made an instant impression on his Motorpoint Yamaha debut in the opening free practice session at Oulton Park this morning, topping the times early on before his progress was halted by a crash.

Lowry took the early advantage in the session, leading the way until he high-sided at Knickerbrook with less than ten minutes of the session remaining whilst continuing to improve his pace. Lowry is now keen to push the crash to the back of his mind and up his game this afternoon ahead of the Swan Roll for Pole qualifying session tomorrow.

Lowry said:

"It definitely feels good to be back and it came together well this morning. I have just been getting myself working with the team and the bike as it is so different to what I have raced before, but it felt good to be up in the leading group. I know it is only early days but this is the best way to start the weekend for sure.

"I was happy to be leading the session and I was still going faster but then unfortunately I just high-sided in the last part. I was ok and the bike wasn't badly damaged but it was a shame to slip back to fourth as we had been going well. I think this afternoon we are going to be dead on and I just need to settle down a bit and work on the bike now and everything will be mint."

Stalker on the case at Oulton Park

Chris Walker is feeling positive following the opening free practice session for the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Oulton Park this morning after making his debut with the MSS Colchester Kawasaki in place of the injured Simon Andrews.

Walker was one of the first riders on track this morning and admits he is already getting to grips with the Kawasaki, setting the 13th fastest time to end the session just 0.025s adrift of team-mate Gary Mason.

Walker said:

"I felt a bit nervous this morning before the first session, not to ride the bike but with anticipation and I really want to do a good job this weekend for myself and the MSS Colchester Kawasaki team. You never know how it is going to go until you get out there on track but I have come back after that session feeling very happy.

"You don't tend to change teams during the season, so in that respect I am obviously a bit behind the others, but I am luck to be working with Chris Anderson again, as I worked with him before when I was with Ducati. It is good to know we are not a million miles away and it feels good to be in a camp with a good bike and a proven package so once I get a bit more feel from the front this afternoon and build my confidence in every session I should be well up for it!"

You can download/view ALL Practice Results HERE
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
01-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Website Find Reply