Ellison’s recovery on track
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ellison’s recovery on track
[Image: swanhondahdr.gif]

Swan Honda's James Ellison is already making good progress as he continues to recover from the broken femur he sustained at Thruxton two weeks' ago.

Ellison had been setting the pace up until his crash in the final practice session and now following two operations he is recovering in the Isle of Man as he strives to make positive progress so he can return to action as soon as possible.

Ellison said:

"I firstly just want to thank everyone for all their support since my crash; I really appreciate it and it really motivates me. It was tough after the accident as I was in hospital for six days and the morphine had made me feel really bad, just dizzy and sick which is one of the side affects. I had two operations, one to insert the rod and the other to stitch it back up.

"I was so pleased to finally get out of hospital, my dad and wife Sarah had been staying in the motorhome at the circuit, but I am lucky to have the best crew chief in the world and Mick (Shanley) came down from the team HQ and picked us up and drove us back to Kendal in the bus.

"I am now over in the Isle of Man, as a few riders have said there are some really good people over here that can help me speed up my recovery. I have to thank Robin Croft from SMT, as he has played such a big part in organising it, from getting the place to stay sorted here, to actually driving us over so he has been fantastic.

"I am now in physio every day for about two hours, sometimes a little more. It is quite tiring but I can already feel the benefit of it and I am starting to get more movement back. I am due for some-ray in a few days which will hopefully show some progress. My goal at the moment is to get enough movement to start cycling again, even stationary so I can get the strength back. Once I have that then I know the riding won't be that far away."

"I will be watching the racing this weekend from Oulton Park, I am going to miss it but hopefully I can be back out there again soon."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
01-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Website Find Reply