Encouraging race pace for team Motorpoint Yamaha
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Encouraging race pace for team Motorpoint Yamaha
[Image: robmachdr.jpg]

Oulton Park in Cheshire hosts the 3rd round of the MCE British Superbike Championships and Team Motorpoint Yamaha riders Dan Linfoot and new signing Ian Lowry feel confident for race day.

The qualifying sessions for tomorrows race did not quite go to plan for one outright fast lap but the both riders feel they have a good set up to secure strong results for race day.

Ian Lowry Motorpoint Yamaha 11th position

“I feel pretty happy with the short time I have had on the bike, I am not totally at ease on the bike to really push for a one lap time, but feel pretty happy for the race pace.

I have got to work out more about the bike and try to get the best from it, I really think two good solid results tomorrow will give me much more of an understanding and a good starting point for my year!”

Dan Linfoot Motorpoint Yamaha 12th position

“Pretty good day really, I have been stronger in qualifying at some of the other tracks but feel we have made good steps here for race day and a chance for a good result.

I need to get a good start and hang on to the fast guy’s. We are confident our bike will be good on tyre life and being in the bunch early on is crucial”

[Image: robmacphoto1.jpg]
Ian Lowry and Dan Linfoot

Rob Mac

“Good day for us, I would have liked to be on the first two rows, the one off lap did not come so we have to make sure we get a clean jump from the lights. Our set up and lap times for race pace look pretty good.

Ian has been amazing for the short time on the bike and his pace has definitely helped Dan.

Neil Hodgson has been with the team all weekend, he has helped settle the boy’s down, we just need to get good starts with a couple of solid results and turn our luck around!”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
02-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Website Find Reply