BRIDEWELL BACK ON TRACK AT OULTON PARK
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BRIDEWELL BACK ON TRACK AT OULTON PARK
[Image: quaygarageheader.gif]

Following his practice crash at Thruxton which ruled him out of round two of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship two weeks ago, Quay Garage Racing rider Tommy Bridewell was back in action in round three of the series and in impressive form at Oulton Park today.

After a good start yesterday in free practice, the 21 year old from Etchilhampton near Devizes ended up tenth overall after the three sessions going into the Swan Combi Roll for Poll qualifying session.

Having problems encountering slower traffic, Bridewell managed to make the cut in 18th place in the first part but better was to come in the second session whereby he took the ex Gregorio Lavilla Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade to a brilliant fifth place to qualify for the final session. Bridewell couldn't repeat the heroics in that final session and ended up in tenth place and as a result will start tomorrow's first 18-lap race from row three of the grid.

Tommy Bridewell:

"As strange as it sounds, I'm happier with the third session as my lap times were more consistent and reflective of race pace as there's no way the riders in front can do those fast lap times all race long. I'm pleased with the set up and my finger isn't causing me too many problems so I'm feeling confident going into tomorrow's races. The team has worked very hard to get here this weekend following the damage sustained at Thruxton so I'd like to say a huge thanks to them and hope to reward them with a couple of solid finishes."

[Image: bridewelloulton.gif]
Tommy Bridewell in action at Oulton Park today.
Pic by Mick Lawrence (http://www.fullthrottleimaging.co.uk)

Qualifying

1, Tommy Hill (Suzuki) 1:35.214s
2, Stuart Easton (Honda) 1:35.608s
3, Michael Rutter (Ducati) 1:35.622s
4, Josh Brookes (Honda) 1:35.947s
5, Alastair Seeley (Suzuki) 1:36.113s
6, Ryuichi Kiyonari (Honda) 1:36.224s
7, Yukio Kagayama (Suzuki) 1:36.359s
8, John Laverty (Kawasaki) 1:36.412s
9, Michael Laverty (Suzuki) 1:36.582s
10, Tommy Bridewell (Honda) 1:36.790s
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
02-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Website Find Reply