TOP TEN FOR RECORD BREAKING TINMOUTH AT OULTON PARK!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TOP TEN FOR RECORD BREAKING TINMOUTH AT OULTON PARK!
[Image: jennytinmouthhdr.jpg]

Jenny Tinmouth has once again made history by becoming the first female rider to secure a top ten finish in the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship, finishing in a fantastic ninth position overall, and second of the Cup runners, earning her a well deserved visit to the podium for her efforts. The result also sees her climb to second in the standings of the Cup competitors.

Determined to put on a good show riding her sorrymate.com Honda CBR600RR at her local circuit of Oulton Park, Jenny settled in nicely during the first free practice, and then achieved her best ever lap of the 2.69 mile circuit in the afternoon, going just over half a second under her personal best time.

During the following mornings qualifying session Jenny was lapping consistently before coming in for fresh rear rubber. Traffic caused her a few problems once returning to the track, but once she found some clear space in the final minute of the session she would put in a blistering lap going over a second faster than her best time from the previous day, placing her in provisional 20th position. Final qualifying didn’t go entirely to plan as her plans for another last lap push were prevented due to an incident on the circuit causing the red flag to be shown bringing the session to a halt a couple of minutes early. Jenny, however, had qualified in a respectable 23rd position on the grid for the upcoming race.

As the riders went off for their warm-up lap, it started to rain, and inevitably a delayed start would be declared as the teams fitted wet weather tyres. A seven minute wet practice was decided in order to give the riders some experience of the conditons prior to the race. Jenny in fact crashed during the practice, as she lost the front in the Hizzy’s chicane, but with limited damage she would be able to continue.

Lining up on the grid on full wet tyres, Jenny reeled off the opening few laps of the race comfortably, trying to control her enthusiasm, as she quite likes the wet conditions. With several riders crashing out, the safety car was deployed part way through the 12 lap race, bunching the riders back up again for the final few laps. After the safety car pulled in Jenny realized she had a great opportunity for a top result so in a determined, yet controlled manner she would gain on and pass Chris Martin and Mark Cringle, before making another pass, this time around the outside of Marty Nutt coming through Hizzy’s chicane on the final lap. Taking the chequered flag, she had achieved another milestone in becoming the first female racer to finish in the top ten in the British Supersport Championship.

Delighted with her ninth position and runner-up of the Cup competitors, she celebrated with a burn out in parc ferme…

[Image: jennytinmouth1.gif]

Jenny Tinmouth:

“I am absolutely overjoyed with my result today! This is my home round, and everybody who sponsors, helps and supports me is here so it is great to get a good result for them, myself and my small team. We’ve all worked so hard to achieve this and it’s a fantastic feeling when it all comes together! I really enjoyed the race and just tried to stay calm, I knew I had to just relax and push on steadily as the race went on. I am really made up, it’s my best ever finish and to get on the Cup podium was fantastic. A massive thanks must go to everyone who came and supported me this weekend, and to all my sponsors for making this season happen.”

2010 Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Cup

(Top 10 Positions after Round 3 – Oulton Park)

1 Dan Kneen 45pts
2 Jenny Tinmouth 43
3 David Jones 41
4 Mark Cringle 40
5 Paul Jordan 36
6 Max Hunt 32
7 Patrick McDougall 31
8 Rikki Owen 26
9 Marcus Woodbine 22
10 Shaun Winfield 20

You can next see Jenny Tinmouth in action in the fourth round of the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship
which takes place over the weekend of 21-23 May at Cadwell Park.

[Image: jennytinmouthlogo.jpg]
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2010, 05:21 PM by Malcolm.)
05-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Website Find Reply