Yamaha duo revved up for Monza
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Yamaha duo revved up for Monza
A recent test at Misano for the Yamaha Sterilgarda pairing of James Toseland and Cal Crutchlow has put them in good mood for the latest trip to Monza, a trip which Toseland has missed out on recently after racing in another series for the past two seasons.

[Image: yamahamonza1.jpg]

Monza was a new track to Crutchlow last year when he raced in the Supersport World Championship, but it was also one of the tracks he won at on his way to taking the title. Just to add to the anticipation of the entire Monza weekend, this is a home race for the Yamaha Sterilgarda team, which is based just beyond the Lesmo corners.

Said Toseland, who was on the podium twice at Assen last time out,

"The test last week was encouraging, I think I ended up second and third. I am particularly looking forward to Monza; I've always loved riding there, as we didn't in Moto GP I'm happy to be going back. It's got an ambience in the park, to hear the engines resonating through the trees is really special and you can feel the history. The high-speed circuit is also pretty special; to hold it flat out in top gear for 7 or 8 seconds is something you don't do anywhere else. I'm really pleased with the way things are progressing with package and the team and as it's the home race for them it also adds something extra to the weekend."

Crutchlow is hoping to get back to podium ways in Italy.

"I'm looking forward to putting the Assen weekend behind me and getting back to the front at Monza," said Cal. "We've been working hard as a team to keep improving the bike and it was really useful to spend the two days at Misano working on a set up for me. I'm confident both James and I can be at the front this weekend and fighting for podiums on Sunday. I love the high speed Monza circuit and enjoyed racing there on the Supersport bike last year, I can't wait to tackle it with the R1."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
06-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Website Find Reply