Capirossi and Bautista excited by Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Capirossi and Bautista excited by Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit
[Image: suzukigpflag.gif]

Rizla Suzuki MotoGP riders Loris Capirossi and Alvaro Bautista were at Silverstone on Thursday to check out the highly-rated new Grand Prix Circuit that will host the AirAsia British Grand Prix on 18-20 June

The two riders, team-mates at MotoGP’s only UK-based team, were joined by BBC presenters Steve Parrish and Jennie Gow, Worx Crescent Suzuki British Superbike Team rider Tommy Hill and famous faces from the world of music – namely Prodigy frontman Keith Flint and Stereophonics bass player Richie Jones – as they all got an opportunity to experience a number of laps around the super-fast new circuit.

Speaking about the new circuit, Capirossi commented, "The layout is really interesting and not so easy, but it’s beautiful - if a bit bumpy in places. I think it’s really interesting to do the race at Silverstone. It is completely different compared to Donington - this is a really quick track and I think for MotoGP it’s great. It’s really, really wide, so not so easy to find the best line to go quick, which is good. For sure we have many places that we can overtake."

[Image: capirossiuk1.gif]

Team-mate Bautista was equally impressed, "It is very nice, very quick. I like very much. Some very fast, some hard braking and slow corners. It will be very interesting to see in June. A lot of fifth and sixth gear corners so I am looking forward to it. Sure, will be very close race, we are only 17 but we are very close in times and so I think will be a very fighting race and I hope I will be fighting with them."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
08-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Website Find Reply