SYKES HEADS FOR SOUTH AFRICA IN GOOD FORM
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SYKES HEADS FOR SOUTH AFRICA IN GOOD FORM
[Image: pbmracing.gif]

The Kawasaki Racing Team heads for round six of the Hannspree World Superbike Championship at Kyalami, South Africa this weekend where riders Tom Sykes and Chris Vermeulen are looking to continue the good form shown at Monza last weekend.

Aboard the Paul Bird Motorsport Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Sykes recorded a season's best 5th place in the second of the two races in Italy whereas Vermeulen battled against injury to claim more points for the team also.

The Kyalami circuit holds good memories for the Penrith based team after an impressive performance last year by riders Broc Parkes and Sheridan Morais and both Yorkshireman Sykes and Australian Vermeulen will be hoping to repeat the feat this weekend.

Whereas Sykes is upbeat following eight points scoring rides in the last ten races, former MotoGP winner Vermeulen is still troubled by a persistent knee injury which he sustained in the opening round, but hopefully the pair can continue the good work in recent rounds.

Tom Sykes:

"I'm really looking forward to this weekend in Kyalami as it's coming straight off the back of a good weekend in Monza for us which gave the team and myself a big boost in time for the busy part of the race calendar. We have been making steady progress over the past few races and we were over the moon to have come away with a top five and inside the top ten finishes at the last race. The Kawasaki appeared to do fairly well here last year with Sheridan and Broc so I'm looking forward to jumping on the bike again and facing the challenge of this old-school circuit. The key now is to continue our consistency and maintain the level of results from the previous few races."

Chris Vermeulen:

"After my return in Assen I was determined to make up some ground but unfortunately my knee is still not 100% and I found it more difficult in Monza than I would have liked. I'm continuing to work hard on rehabilitation and physiotherapy and I am certain however that the more I ride, the more movement I will have in the knee. I have high expectations of myself but I have to be patient and work away at getting back to the platform where I think we are at. I have raced in Kyalami before in World Supersport but I can honestly say that I don't have much of a memory of being here so I will more or less treat this as a new track and hope that I can bounce back to consistent point scoring finishes."

The races will be shown live on Eurosport see http://eurosport.yahoo.com/motorsport/world-superbikes/ for more information. British Eurosport is available in the UK on Sky channel 410 and Virgin Media channel 521 or British Eurosport 2 available on Sky 411 and Virgin Media 525. Also available on your PC via the Eurosport Player.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
12-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Website Find Reply