Amor takes Superstock win
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Amor takes Superstock win
[Image: relenlessnorthwesthdr.gif]

Flying Scotsman Keith Amor picked up his first international road race win after a magnificent five-lap CP Hire Superstock race.

Amor was also giving the German BMW manufacturer their first ever North West 200 win edging out the Honda of Ian Hutchinson, the Kawasaki of Ryan Farquhar and the Suzuki of Alastair Seeley.

Pole setter Conor Cummins high sided out of second place at University on lap one nearly collecting Farquhar as Amor led the way.

Amor, Farquhar, Seeley and Hutchy soon pulled clear of the field and set up a fantastic dice.

On the last lap Farquhar took the lead exiting York Hairpin from Amor, Hutchy and Seeley, but by University Amor had blasted the BMW back to the front.

Side by side up the Link Road the Scotsman held the lead, then at Mathers Cross Seeley and Hutchy went in side-by-side as Farquhar lost momentum, Hutchy emerging a clear second, as Seeley dropped to fourth.

At the chequered flag Amor was a tenth ahead of Hutchy with Farquhar four-tenths back in third with Seeley, who won this particular race for the past two years fourth.

The fastest lap went to Michael Rutter at a speed of 119.588mph on his way through the field to fifth with Michael sixth.

Afterwards Amor said, “After two fourths in the earlier races I was determined to get a podium. It was a real battle and I just had a slight top end advantage, so it was a matter of keeping the head and getting the job done. It’s brilliant as this team was set up at the eleventh-hour and it is real satisfying to get my first international win.”

You can view/download the full race result HERE
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 15-05-2010, 03:44 PM by Malcolm.)
15-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Website Find Reply