Hutchinson destroys second supersport 600 field
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hutchinson destroys second supersport 600 field
[Image: relenlessnorthwesthdr.gif]

Ian Hutchinson made no mistakes in the Ballymoney Borough Council supersport 600cc race snatching the lead on the Padgetts Honda on the opening super-fast run to University leaving the rest of the field trailing in his wake to record his second win at the North West, his last win also in the supersport class in 2006.

Equally secure in second was Keith Amor who broke Alastair Seeley’s earlier supersport lap record with a 116.239mph lap on his third lap.

Interest in the race centred on a superb scrap for the final podium position between Michael Dunlop, Bruce Anstey, Alastair Seeley, John McGuinness and Conor Cummins.

These five riders diced side-by-side in a thrilling battle to claim the final podium position the position changing lap-by-lap, corner-by-corner with Anstey keeping up his record of having a podium each year since his debut in 2002, the Kiwi taking third position a bike length ahead of man of the day Seeley, Dunlop in fifth three-tenths covering the three of them.

Hutchy said, “After the first race I just wanted to get away at the front and not have any issues at the last chicane. I pushed hard to establish a lead and do my own thing controlling the race from the front and that’s how it worked out.”

Amor said, I was with Ian, but missed a gear exiting the new chicane at Mathers and Ian got a 70 or 80 yard gap on me that I couldn’t pull back.”

You can view/download the full race results HERE
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
15-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Website Find Reply