Sulby Glen Hotel forecourt a prohibited zone?
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Sulby Glen Hotel forecourt a prohibited zone?
As someone who has, over the years gotten to know Rosie, Eddie and their family quite well, and knows first hand the amount of time and effort that they all put into the Racing scene on the Isle of Man, this really is a gigantic smack in the face for them.

This action smells of petty bureaucracy at it's worst, and the reported actions to be undertaken, are all so typical of that akin to the "Big Brother" style of behaviour by officialdom, that has sadly become the norm in the UK.

Compromise and common sense apparently no longer appear to be options and a "You will do as I say/We will do what we want anyway" attitude appears to predominate.

I don't know what can be done to support Rosie and her family in this matter, however if anyone has any sensible suggestions that could be promoted via the electronic media, then perhaps this could be utilised in order to be of some assistance to them.

Malcolm (Personal opinion).

A touch of humour

A man in a hot air balloon realised he was lost. He reduced altitude and spotted a woman below. He descended a bit more and shouted, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The woman below replied, "You are in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You are between 40 and 41 degrees north latitude and between 59 and 60 degrees west longitude.

"You must be a local resident," said the balloonist.

"I am," replied the woman, "how did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I am still lost. But frankly, you've not been much help so far at all."

The woman below responded, "You must be a Health & Safety Representative for (place appropriate organisation)."

"I am," replied the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well," said the woman, "you don't know where you are or where you are going. You have risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise which you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. The fact is you are in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
19-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Website Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sulby Glen Hotel forecourt a prohibited zone? - by Malcolm - 19-05-2010, 08:45 PM