Home ground for Motorpoint Yamaha
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Home ground for Motorpoint Yamaha
[Image: robmachdr.jpg]

The Motorpoint Yamaha team head East 30 miles for their local event at Cadwell Park and hope the local support will bring a change in luck.

For 2010 the British Superbike series makes two trips to Cadwell Park, historically the biggest event of the year when held over the August Bank Holiday so hopefully this early date in May will prove just as popular.

Both Dan Linfoot and Ian Lowry enjoy the challenges Cadwell brings and will be more than keen to start their weekend off well on Friday their first test day.

Ian Lowry who has been drafted in to replace the retired Neil Hodgson had a baptism of fire at his first event at Oulton Park, playing catch up to the front runners is not easy, add to that a race on wet tyres on a dry track and his first time on the new Yamaha R1 you could say he was in the deep end!

Ian Lowry Motorpoint Yamaha

“I am so excited about getting back on and giving the team a good result, Oulton Park was all a bit crazy I guess.

I had good race pace but messed up qualifying and paid the price of trying to push too early, I feel a lot more relaxed now, I know the pace of the front guy’s and I love Cadwell. Having time to think about the bike after Oulton will give me a much better mind set for the weekend”

Dan Linfoot Motorpoint Yamaha

“I can’t wait to get back on my bike, I struggled at Oulton a bit and never really settled, we have had some good discussions with set up and engine feel and I am anxious to get onto the track and feel the new changes.

I benefitted from having a team mate at Oulton, Ian will be fast and that will be great for me”

Rob Mac

“Coming home to Cadwell early in the year could be a blessing; just being around all our local friends and supporters lifts the team and gives us an extra push.

Ian and Dan need to try and chill out and let the weekend run its course, we are all working so hard to get results that maybe the tension is not helping.

We have a great bike and two of the fastest young guy’s in the UK, we just need to get rolling and we will be away, lets hope Cadwell proves to be out turning point!”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
20-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Website Find Reply