Restricted areas .
shaun hogg Offline

Threads: 27
Restricted areas .
Noticed that Gorselea is now a restricted area , very soon the only place you will be able to watch the TT will be via ITV4 , if they continue this cutting of the circuit viewing areas people will definitely think twice about coming over , even locals will not bother , one of the attractions of the TT & MGP has always been the ability to get close up to the action on some of the most awesome vantage points in the world , not anymore , Ballacry one of my favourite vantage points was restricted why ? , Ballaspur another now Gorselea , the vantage points which will be availabel will get so crowded people will get totally p---- off , very sad that you dont have a choice in these matters , unless totally stupid most people are generally aware of the risks taken when watching any motorsport but do so through there own choice , alas now we are not given these choices , very sad , in time this will kill it off , they where even trying to restrict outside Rosies on the Sulby straight jeez , get real . Shaun
25-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Find Reply
sidewaysid Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Restricted areas .
Shaun
I'm staying at Rosies place while over for the Manx and looking forward to sipping my beer whilst watching the lads fly by, I have been watching the TT and MGP since 1974 and I marshal, but it is a worrying thing all these restrictions, we used to dangle our legs over the bank at the bottom of Barregarrow, we knew it was scary but I bet you couldn't do it now ah ah
26-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
(25-05-2010, 08:25 PM)shaun hogg Wrote: Noticed that Gorselea is now a restricted area , very soon the only place you will be able to watch the TT will be via ITV4 , if they continue this cutting of the circuit viewing areas people will definitely think twice about coming over , even locals will not bother , one of the attractions of the TT & MGP has always been the ability to get close up to the action on some of the most awesome vantage points in the world , not anymore , Ballacry one of my favourite vantage points was restricted why ? , Ballaspur another now Gorselea , the vantage points which will be availabel will get so crowded people will get totally p---- off , very sad that you dont have a choice in these matters , unless totally stupid most people are generally aware of the risks taken when watching any motorsport but do so through there own choice , alas now we are not given these choices , very sad , in time this will kill it off , they where even trying to restrict outside Rosies on the Sulby straight jeez , get real . Shaun

Don't Panic, Captain Mainwaring!

There has been no obvious change at Gorse Lea from last year. The access to Harold Leece's/Knock Breck bank appears to be just the same. The probited area starts from opposite Gorse Lea House and runs towards Ballagarraghyn on the outside of the Course, as previously.

You can check the maps and aerial photos for yourself here:
http://www.iomtt.com/en/TT-2010/Where-to-Watch.aspx
(This post was last modified: 27-05-2010, 10:16 AM by John Foster.)
27-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Find Reply
shaun hogg Offline

Threads: 27
Hi John you are of course correct , found this out yesterday , was hoping to take my dad there this year never been there so thats good news , however think the overall pattern of restrictions is doing major damage to the TT , my understanding was after 07 there where going to be some relaxations but apparently not , will be at Gorselea for sure this time just in case they do restrict for next year , thanks for the replies guys .
27-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
I still think the Corner (Clarks) just immediately before Keppel Gate is the very best place to watch and appreciate the TT...

You can see from 33rd right down to Hillberry (with good eyesight) and there are loos and parking.....

I hope that this spot will remain open for a few years to come..It is SO good !
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 27-05-2010, 08:34 PM by Malcolm.)
27-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Website Find Reply