McBride aims for TT Privateers Championship
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
McBride aims for TT Privateers Championship
Kettering’s James McBride and his Pazzo/Downview Finance racing team are finishing off last minute preparations for this year’s Isle of Man TT races, which runs from 29th May – 11th June.

The Isle of Man has set-up an all new Privateers Championship which is what McBride is gunning for. This new initiative gives privateers two bites at the cherry as they are already taking part in the main race but will be credited separately as a privateer in this new championship.

To be eligible for the TT Privateers Championship the team must have no direct manufacturer assistance, and the rider must have finished outside of the top ten in the previous year’s TT. Points are awarded to the first 15 eligible finishers in the Superbike, Royal London 360 Superstock, Monster Energy Supersport and the Dainese Senior TT. It is very similar to the current British Superbike EVO class producing a race within a race. There is also an impressive haul of prize money which will go to the top three privateers.

2010 is McBride’s 13th consecutive year of racing and his eighth year on the pure roads. Following his smash at the TT in 2008, which ruled him out for the rest of that season, he is determined to make his mark this time round capitalising on his solid come back in 2009.

McBride said:

“This TT I feel is the big one for me, I feel on top of my game, the bikes are strong and the TT has the right incentives for a true privateer. I say this as I prepare my rebuilt R1 engine for the TT and deal with all the related team management chores a privateer has to do. I’ve got to thank my partner Dorothy and my daughter Molly for their continued support and my team for sticking by me in these anxious times. A big thanks to my sponsors - Roy Chambers of Downview Finance, Markus Selje of Pazzo Racing, Ian Carson of Speedycom and Tim Royal Rock Oil - as this simply wouldn’t be funded properly without them. I salute you all.”

James is also doing his bit for the environment by racing with Team ManTTx in the Green Emission Race where he has high hopes of a podium finish.

Practice and qualifying runs from Saturday 29th May to Friday 4th June, with the racing commencing on Saturday 5th June with the Superbike TT, that is followed by the Supersport and Superstock races on Monday 7th June, the second Supersport race and the TT Zero event are on Wednesday 9th June, and rounding out race week is the all important Senior TT on Friday 11th June.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
27-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Website Find Reply