Statement issued on behalf of the ACU
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Statement issued on behalf of the ACU
[Image: ttnewlogo.gif]

The Auto Cycle Union regret to announce that Martin Loicht, 48, from Vienna, Austria, was killed during the Supersport 2 race at the TT Races in an incident at Quarry Bends.

Martin was competing in the TT for the first time since 1996 and also had experience of competing on the Isle of Man Sourthern 100 TT last year. He was a professor of mechanical engineering at the Institute of Technology, Vienna.

He was married to Nikola and has two children. The ACU wishes to pass on their deepest sympathy to the rider’s family and friends.

Dr Paul King, technical director, ACU, commented:

“I got to know Martin really well by working with him on the TT Zero project as he was developing a bike to compete in that race. He was a real character who was passionate and committed to motorcycling and he reflected the amateur spirit and endeavour that pervades the TT.”

TTwebsite take this opportunity to extend our sincerest condolences to the family and friends of Martin.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
11-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Website Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
RE: Statement issued on behalf of the ACU
(11-06-2010, 12:22 PM)Malcolm Wrote:
[Image: ttnewlogo.gif]

The Auto Cycle Union regret to announce that Martin Loicht, 48, from Vienna, Austria, was killed during the Supersport 2 race at the TT Races in an incident at Quarry Bends.

Martin was competing in the TT for the first time since 1996 and also had experience of competing on the Isle of Man Sourthern 100 TT last year. He was a professor of mechanical engineering at the Institute of Technology, Vienna.

He was married to Nikola and has two children. The ACU wishes to pass on their deepest sympathy to the rider’s family and friends.

Dr Paul King, technical director, ACU, commented:

“I got to know Martin really well by working with him on the TT Zero project as he was developing a bike to compete in that race. He was a real character who was passionate and committed to motorcycling and he reflected the amateur spirit and endeavour that pervades the TT.”

TTwebsite take this opportunity to extend our sincerest condolences to the family and friends of Martin.

Again I am searching my consious, I knew Martin well I first met him during the 80's when he was racing a Honda in the 125 cc race. One little known fact that Martin and I spoke and indeed laughed about when I met him again last year when he entered his electric bike in the TT XGP. The first year that he rode in the 125cc race the only support and pit help that he had was his wife Nikola. For the first three days of practice Nikola was in and out of the pits carrying wheels, stands and fuel with his baby daughter in a papouse hiden beneath her anorak, not once did the pit marshalls notice !. When Martin relized that we at Race Mission could look after his daughter he handed her over to us to look after, that was Martins and Nikola's commitment to the TT. I had come to know Martin during the last couple of years as the "proffesor of Elecrticity", and we had some long talks about his electric bike. Again I spoke with him imediatly before his race, and his commitment and love for the mountain circuit was obvious. My heartfelt condolences go out to his wife Nicola and his two children.

Rest in Peace Martin.

Pat Slinn. Race Mission.
11-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Find Reply
Cheese Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2
RE: Statement issued on behalf of the ACU
RIP Martin.

I had the occasion to meet him this year. He was simply a nice guy, altough I didn't have a lot of time to know him.

My best thoughts for his family,

Hervé Gantner
15-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Find Reply