Who won the TT, Daddy ?
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Who won the TT, Daddy ?
I have always enjoyed a good memory, and could reel off the winners of many a past TT when asked.

This year we were privileged to see one man win all petrol-engined solo classes leaving all the usual contenders in his wake.

Did this mean that no one could catch him ? Or was it a cruel stunt to rub Suzukis commemoration year into the dust ?

I like Ian Hutchinson (Great old English name) and feel he was a worthy winner of any TT.....but FIVE in one year, come on, it was like a "B" film !! George Formby all over again.

No, seriously, I still have to bow down and congratulate a man who has attained what seemed to be the complete impossible and put up a record which will not be broken if the classess remain as they are now. Also congrats to Klaffi who won TWO !!! and an American Mark Miller ONE(I didn't mean to criticise !)

Question, when was the American National Anthem played for a TT Winner ? Was it for a man called Roper perhaps ??

---------------------------
One final comment, in 2010 I didn't like the number of men-in-suits who have been given passes and special privileges only to say "I am a VIP, I'm allowed in here !" and to be absolutely obnoxious to spectators and security guards in the paddock area.

I am not the only one to comment on this, and while I have a press pass which I use with discretion and NEVER push my luck, I have never before witnessed such abuse of the normally hard-to-acquire access into hallowed areas of the paddock etc.

Take one particular member of the IOM-some-department-or-other, (he must know who I mean), I found his attitude completely unacceptable and very very rude while I stood only a few yards from him as he berated one poor individual in front of a crowd. He wasn't the only one with this attitude as a number of people commented to me.

Still, it was a great TT and one I was pleased to see considering the year I have had since the 2009 TT. Thanks to everyone who helped as I hobbled round. I hope to be at TT2011.......................
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 13-06-2010, 12:21 PM by ian huntly.)
13-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Website Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
RE: Who won the TT, Daddy ?
(13-06-2010, 12:20 PM)ian huntly Wrote: I have always enjoyed a good memory, and could reel off the winners of many a past TT when asked.

This year we were privileged to see one man win all petrol-engined solo classes leaving all the usual contenders in his wake.

Did this mean that no one could catch him ? Or was it a cruel stunt to rub Suzukis commemoration year into the dust ?

I like Ian Hutchinson (Great old English name) and feel he was a worthy winner of any TT.....but FIVE in one year, come on, it was like a "B" film !! George Formby all over again.

No, seriously, I still have to bow down and congratulate a man who has attained what seemed to be the complete impossible and put up a record which will not be broken if the classess remain as they are now. Also congrats to Klaffi who won TWO !!! and an American Mark Miller ONE(I didn't mean to criticise !)

Question, when was the American National Anthem played for a TT Winner ? Was it for a man called Roper perhaps ??

---------------------------
One final comment, in 2010 I didn't like the number of men-in-suits who have been given passes and special privileges only to say "I am a VIP, I'm allowed in here !" and to be absolutely obnoxious to spectators and security guards in the paddock area.

I am not the only one to comment on this, and while I have a press pass which I use with discretion and NEVER push my luck, I have never before witnessed such abuse of the normally hard-to-acquire access into hallowed areas of the paddock etc.

Take one particular member of the IOM-some-department-or-other, (he must know who I mean), I found his attitude completely unacceptable and very very rude while I stood only a few yards from him as he berated one poor individual in front of a crowd. He wasn't the only one with this attitude as a number of people commented to me.

Still, it was a great TT and one I was pleased to see considering the year I have had since the 2009 TT. Thanks to everyone who helped as I hobbled round. I hope to be at TT2011.......................

IAN,

EVERYBODY IS A "VERY IMPORTANT PERSON", YOU DO NOT NEED A PASS TO TELL PEOPLE THAT !!
13-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Find Reply