a few pictures Nick Jefferies
Chris Thackeray Offline

Threads: 28
a few pictures Nick Jefferies
A few pictures of mine ive only posted these on TT website if you like them feel free to make your own home prints but if you do maybe give alittle to DJs fund.

[Image: 1604.jpg]

[Image: 1598.jpg]

[Image: 1553.jpg]

[Image: 1541.jpg]

[Image: 1628.jpg]

[Image: 1627.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 15-06-2010, 08:34 PM by Chris Thackeray.)
15-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: a few pictures Nick Jefferies
Now that's what I would call a TT Parade Lap....................Oldies but goodies and authentic TT participants.

What happened to the others who didn't come, were they not at a Continental meeting > Sammy Miller, Tommy Robb etc ??

Nice pics Chris..
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 16-06-2010, 05:55 PM by ian huntly.)
16-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Yes I concur Ian, smashing shots.

Malcolm.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
16-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Website Find Reply
Jo Rowe Offline

Threads: 18
Agreed!

Ex TT riders (although Nick did tell me he's making a return when he's 60! Nick, I think you'd better start now to get your mountain course licence in time) and ex TT bikes - perfect!!!
16-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
(16-06-2010, 01:27 PM)Jo Rowe Wrote: Agreed!

Ex TT riders (although Nick did tell me he's making a return when he's 60! Nick, I think you'd better start now to get your mountain course licence in time) and ex TT bikes - perfect!!!

I would just like to thank Chris for these splendid photos. I am sitting here feeling quite emotional having just seen them for the first time. For those who don't know, the gent in the wheelchair is Tony Jefferies,winner of three TTs, DJ's father, and my brother. Tony has been through so much over the years, but I am delighted to say that he has a lovely new lady in his life, Sarah's on the left taking the photo in the photo of me chatting to Tony).
I was fairly unimpressed with the fuss made by the likes of Motor Cycle News about the Moto GP bikes, and stars going round, I have no problem with them being on the Island, but you would have thought that David's bike going round would have merited more comment. I didn't ride round for my own good, it was for DJ's memory,(http://www.davidjefferiesracing.com) and for my brother. I thought that the Suzuki celebrations would have incorporated many more of the riders who had helped make Suzuki successful on the Island. Anyway no worries, and for your information, I felt as though I had never been away, and, as Jo mentioned, I'm feeling quite keen to have a crack at the Manx, maybe on a 650 in the Lightweight class, and possibly one of the Classic races. Who knows? You can only play so much golf!
Thanks once again for showing the photos.
16-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Thanks Nick, so I'm not the only person who found MotoGP "Stars" surfeit to what the TT stands for....I commented earlier that it was like having Sir Whatsisname Hoy. or Chris Harris from speedway riding round...They ride on two wheels as well but they are not TT orientated either. What did MCN say about their MotoGP Stars involvement ?

I say forget this hype, this expense and stop this denigration of our special annual event. Stay TT !!

Good to see you Nick, DJs Machine and Tony.

Where were the other TT stars ?? Rumour says they were all in Spain..
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
16-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Website Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
(16-06-2010, 05:39 PM)NickJ Wrote:

I would just like to thank Chris for these splendid photos. I am sitting here feeling quite emotional having just seen them for the first time. For those who don't know, the gent in the wheelchair is Tony Jefferies,winner of three TTs, DJ's father, and my brother. Tony has been through so much over the years, but I am delighted to say that he has a lovely new lady in his life, Sarah's on the left taking the photo in the photo of me chatting to Tony).
I was fairly unimpressed with the fuss made by the likes of Motor Cycle News about the Moto GP bikes, and stars going round, I have no problem with them being on the Island, but you would have thought that David's bike going round would have merited more comment. I didn't ride round for my own good, it was for DJ's memory,(http://www.davidjefferiesracing.com) and for my brother. I thought that the Suzuki celebrations would have incorporated many more of the riders who had helped make Suzuki successful on the Island. Anyway no worries, and for your information, I felt as though I had never been away, and, as Jo mentioned, I'm feeling quite keen to have a crack at the Manx, maybe on a 650 in the Lightweight class, and possibly one of the Classic races. Who knows? You can only play so much golf!

As usual it was good to see you and Tony again, you really did look the part in you leathers !, keep safe. Pat.
16-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Find Reply
Jo Rowe Offline

Threads: 18
Nick,

We've been having a discussion about parade laps and it would seem that the general consensus is we'd like to see TT riders and/or bikes. MotoGP stars do nothing for me at all! I didn't even recognise Capirossi when he was stood in front of me in parc ferme.

I thought it was fab to see DJ's bike back (BTW, I was the last person to scrutineer that bike at the TT. I remember it quite clearly, as DJ specifically asked me to do it) and lovely that you wore his helmet design and not your own - what a fitting tribute.

Looking forward to seeing you at the Manx sometime in the next couple of years then!

Jo
(This post was last modified: 16-06-2010, 08:07 PM by Jo Rowe.)
16-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Find Reply
Chris Thackeray Offline

Threads: 28
(16-06-2010, 05:39 PM)NickJ Wrote:

Nick your welcome, Thought you should have been first away to be honest.

If I could pick a perfect parade lap it be full of TZs with R Smile
16-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Website Find Reply
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141
First, can I say, what Superb Pics!!
Secondly, I must say, I was honoured to have a we chat with Mr Nick Jefferies, what can I say, but he is a True Gentleman!, Over the years i have watched Nick racing, at the TT, UGP, and NW200,Scarborough, But it was at Castletown, where we were getting the scrutiny/sign on proceedure sorted for the parade lap, that Nick came over to me, introduced himself, and had a great wee chat, definetly the knowelegble person i guessed from reading his posts here on ttwebsite.com. No airs or graces with this man!
Later, when we were getting our breifing, Nick asked a few questions, spoke of previous parade lap problems etc, each of which I was in full agreement with.
Unfortunately, what we were told, didnt seem to be adhered to very well!
My story here;
http://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=9287
(This post was last modified: 29-06-2010, 09:45 PM by Baylon McCaughey.)
29-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Website Find Reply