DOUBLE PODIUM FOR LAVERTY AT MALLORY PARK BSB
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
DOUBLE PODIUM FOR LAVERTY AT MALLORY PARK BSB
[Image: teamsuzukihdr.jpg]

Michael Laverty continued his impressive run of form in the British Superbike Championship earlier today with the Relentless by TAS Suzuki team, posting his fourth and fifth BSB podiums of the season and taking third place in both races.

Laverty also maintained third place in the Championship standing and now sits on 133 points, just 21 behind series leader and fellow Suzuki rider Tommy Hill, with Australia's Josh Brookes wedged in between them.

Alastair Seeley scored 11 points on his Mallory Park BSB debut with 10th and 11th placed finishes and the current National Superstock champion is just eight points outside the top six.

[Image: laverty.jpg]

Michael Laverty:

"I'm reasonably happy with two third-placed finishes today as it's good for the Championship. But if I'm being honest I had expected to get a win following the pace we had shown throughout practice on the Relentless Suzuki GSX-R1000 Superbike. The other boys found something extra today and I wasn't able to respond, but we will move on to Knockhill next weekend in a confident frame of mind. We are in good shape in the championship following a run of five consecutive podiums, and although my consistency is paying off, I want to win some races. The team has done a good job again this weekend and gave me a very capable bike, so thanks to them for the effort."

Alastair Seeley:

"My goal was to score solid points today and from fourth and third row grid positions I think we did okay, but it was a tough day at the office. I would have been happier to be well inside the top 10, but we battled hard and stay within fighting distance of the top six leaving Mallory. I was closing down on ninth in the first race and just ran out of laps and in race two I had a few small problems that I had to work around. All in all we've kept in on track and scored points, so I'm now looking forward to Knockhill where I've had some success in the past on the Superstock GSX-R1000."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"I'm pleased enough with the weekend and it really is nice to be back in the BSB paddock. In saying that, it seems like we are stuck on third placed finishes, with two at the TT followed by two here at Mallory. I'm pretty satisfied though with another couple of podiums - Michael's fourth and fifth in a row - and it's also good for the Championship, but I know we can win races. We know as a team where we can improve and Michael knows where he can improve as a rider, but I was impressed with his fitness today. Alastair did what we expected and battled hard and he scored points when others didn't, so that will set him up well for Knockhill next week."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
27-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Website Find Reply