TINMOUTH HOMES IN ON SUPERSPORT CUP LEADERS!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TINMOUTH HOMES IN ON SUPERSPORT CUP LEADERS!
[Image: jennytinmouthlogo.jpg]

Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship

Round 5 – Mallory Park

25-27 June 2010

Returning from another impressive performance at the recent Isle of Man TT, Jenny Tinmouth was competing at Mallory Park in round five of the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship last weekend. The Leicestershire circuit is a compact 1.41 miles, a stark contrast to the 37.73 miles of public road that makes up the TT circuit. Jenny achieved an excellent 17th position overall and finished in fourth place of the Supersport Cup competitors, a position that elevates her back up the standings to third place, just two points behind the leader, Dan Kneen.

Riding her sorrymate.com Honda CBR600RR, Jenny initially took a few laps to dial back in to the short circuit at Mallory Park, but was soon back in the swing of things with a respectable free practice time. She elected to sit out the afternoon practice on the Friday, as she wasn’t feeling too well, so chose to get some well earned rest in order to recoup her strength for the following day’s qualifying.

Qualifying went well; some suspension modifications had been made overnight which helped Jenny achieve a best time of 59.069 seconds which placed her provisionally 25th on the grid. She went a fraction quicker during the afternoon’s final qualifying session, but was to drop a place, leaving her in 26th position for Sunday’s race.

Jenny made a good start to the race, but was squeezed in the first corner, leaving her second to last. However, riding with determination she quickly made up two places under braking into the Edwina’s chicane, and went on to make up a further three places in consecutive laps, putting in quality moves at the hairpin. Over the coming laps Jenny would hunt down Jesse Trayler, setting her personal best ever time around Mallory Park in the process, a time of 58.392 seconds. Having exchanged positions momentarily three laps from the end of the race, Jenny had to make an attempt to get past Trayler on the very last lap. She achieved this once again at the hairpin, making a block pass, Trayler tried all he could to cut back inside, but hit Jenny’s rear wheel and went down, leaving the Ellesmere Port star to take 17th position and move up to third in the Supersport Cup standings.

Jenny Tinmouth:

“That was a great race, I really enjoyed it! Having a bit of a scrap during the race was good fun, and I’m really pleased that I managed a faster lap in the race than in qualifying to get into the low 58’s. I’m now looking forward to getting stuck in again this weekend at Knockhill!”

2010 Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Cup

(Top 10 Positions after Round 5 – Mallory Park)

1 Dan Kneen 68pts

2 Patrick McDougall 67

3 Jenny Tinmouth 66

4 Paul Jordan 64

5 David Jones 60

6 Mark Cringle 56

7 Max Hunt 52

8 Shaun Winfield 45

9 Marcus Woodbine 34

10 Rikki Owen 32

You can next see Jenny Tinmouth in action in the sixth round of the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship
which takes place over the weekend of 2-4 July at Knockhill.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
01-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: TINMOUTH HOMES IN ON SUPERSPORT CUP LEADERS!
Come on Jenny, let's see you at the top after the weekend.

Good Luck.
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
01-07-2010, 06:39 PM
Website Find Reply