Seeley ready to blow away rivals
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Seeley ready to blow away rivals
[Image: relentlesshdr.jpg]

Alastair Seeley was narrowly edged out by championship leader Josh Brookes in the opening free practice session at Snetterton, but determined to fire himself back inside the top six after the triple-header weekend, he is ready to work some magic ahead of tomorrow's first race.

Seeley had been the pace-setter for the majority of the session, but as one of the lightest riders on the BSB grid he admits that he is going to have to work hard if the wind speed picks up here this afternoon. However, he knows where he needs to be stronger to take on leaders Brookes and Tommy Hill having shadowed them for a few laps this morning and is confident of taking them on.

Seeley said:

"I am happy that we have started the weekend on the pace here, but it is quite windy and I am so light that I felt at times like I might get blown away! The front wheel comes off the ground on the straights and it has been snapping the bars away, but we needed to be fast out the blocks here and we are! I came in and made the forks softer and adjusted the ride height in that session and it did make a difference, but they were just initial tweaks until we have a debrief and see what we can try this afternoon.

"Towards the end of the session I did some laps behind Tommy and then Josh to see what they were doing differently. A few corners, like Coram and the Bombhole they seemed to carry a little more corner speed so I tried to adjust my lines to replicate theirs but it actually slowed me down! I think we can make some adjustments and that will put us closer to Josh. I just need to polish it up a bit and the guys are working hard to put me up the sharp end so I am really up for it this weekend."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
16-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Website Find Reply