Brookes breaks Seeley’s spell
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brookes breaks Seeley’s spell
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

HM Plant Honda's Josh Brookes returned to the top of the times in the second free practice session at Snetterton this afternoon, dispelling Relentless Suzuki's Alastair Seeley who had topped the session until the final five minutes.

Brookes said:

"It has been a pleasant return here after the past two rounds; I don't really like Mallory Park and then Knockhill was ruined due to the weather. This track is great for Superbikes and you can really utilise the full speed on the straights here and the turns are so flowing. I am therefore enjoying it more and when you ride like that it gives you more confidence and the times just come. This is the best practice day I have had this year and the first time I have topped two consecutive free practice sessions so I am feeling really positive now ahead of the first race tomorrow."

Seeley proved he is going to be a threat this weekend at Snetterton after he flew to the top of the pack, becoming the first rider to break into the 1m:05s lap times, but Brookes bettered that lap by 0.120s to maintain his commanding position.

Michael Rutter shuffled between second and third throughout the session, but the Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati rider was able to stay third ahead of Tommy Hill who elevated the Worx Crescent Suzuki in the final three minutes to move fourth with Motorpoint Yamaha's Dan Linfoot in fifth.

Michael Laverty dropped to sixth in the closing stages of the session on the second of the Relentless Suzukis with Quay Garage Honda's Tommy Bridewell pushing forward in seventh to separate the Laverty brothers. John Laverty had run as high as third in the session but finished eighth for the Buildbase Kawasaki team with Andrew Pitt climbing to ninth.

Sorrymate.com SMT Honda's Chris Walker was back inside the top ten this afternoon after just missing out this morning, whilst Swan Honda riders James Ellison and Stuart Easton were suffering in twelfth and fifteenth respectively. Likewise the second HM Plant Honda of Ryuichi Kiyonari was only fourteenth fastest. Steve Brogan was the fastest of the Mirror.co.uk BSB - Evo riders in sixteenth.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Snetterton, free practice two result:

Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) 1m:05.731s
Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.120s
Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +0.295s
Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +0.334s
Dan Linfoot (Motorpoint Yamaha) +0.672s
Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.741s
Tommy Bridewell (Quay Garage Honda) +0.770s
John Laverty (Buildbase Kawasaki) +0.775s
Andrew Pitt (Motorpoint Yamaha) +0.946s
Chris Walker (Sorrymate.com SMT Honda) +1.038s
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
16-07-2010, 06:11 PM
Website Find Reply