Hard fought pole pushes Lorenzo “to the maximum”
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hard fought pole pushes Lorenzo “to the maximum”
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

The World Championship leader had to work hard to achieve his fourth successive pole position for Sunday’s Sachsenring race, and was also relieved that the crash due to his bike’s oil leak did not result in any serious injuries for Spies or De Puniet.

Jorge Lorenzo became the first Yamaha rider since Max Biaggi in 2001 to have achieved four or more successive poles when he continued his dominant run of form on Saturday by securing top spot on the starting grid for the eni Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland.

A best lap of 1’21.817 placed the Fiat Yamaha rider – and current Championship leader – 0.024s ahead of Casey Stoner and 0.131s in front of Dani Pedrosa in a tight session, as he found the front feeling on his M1 that had been lacking on Friday.

[Image: lorenzopole.jpg]

“This pole position was very hard because Casey and Dani were so fast; I had to push at the maximum and ride really well,” said the Spaniard of his fourth straight top spot on the grid. “Well done to my team because we have improved so much since yesterday and now I'm looking forward to the race tomorrow."

The session was an eventful one and had to be red flagged while oil which leaked from Lorenzo’s M1 onto the track was cleaned up. The result of the covered track surface was a crash for Ben Spies and Randy de Puniet, with the latter hitting the former’s bike and requiring a trip to the Clinica Mobile where it was fortunately confirmed he had not suffered any serious injury in his right leg.

"Since the new engine rule everyone has been starting to feel like these engines never have problems and it was honestly a surprise for me today when I came onto the straight and felt it stop!” said Lorenzo, whose bike dramatically emitted flames as well.

“It was so hot and there was oil on my feet so I had to go into the wall. I'm really sorry that Ben and Randy crashed and especially that Randy was slightly injured, it is good news that he will be able to race tomorrow,” added Lorenzo, who emerged on his second factory prototype after the incident had been dealt with to set his pole time.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
17-07-2010, 06:06 PM
Website Find Reply