SWAN HONDA ROBBED OF PODIUM FINISHES AT SNETTERTON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SWAN HONDA ROBBED OF PODIUM FINISHES AT SNETTERTON
[Image: swanhondahdr.gif]

The Swan Honda team looked set for a return to the podium at the seventh round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Snetterton today, but both James Ellison and Stuart Easton were robbed of a chance of victory.

In the second race of the weekend Ellison was running second towards the end of the race, but caught up with backmarkers he was unable to make the break he needed to maintain his position and he ended the race in fourth. Easton meanwhile fought his way through from fifteenth of the grid to eighth.

In the final race Ellison took the lead on the opening lap and was battling with the HM Plant Hondas at the front of the field, but Alastair Seeley crashed trying to make an ambitious overtaking manoeuvre and collected Ellison in the process. Luckily he escaped serious injury but saw his hopes of a podium finish dashed. Easton was unable to start the third race after a problem with his clutch.

Ellison said:

“In the second race I had the potential for a podium finish or maybe even a race win, but then a back marker got in the way and that messed up my chances so I wasn’t happy as that was a top three finish gone which I really needed and I felt robbed by that. In the second race I was happy leading; I knew I didn’t have the pace to break the HM Plant Honda boys but I felt that I could challenge them for sure and I felt like I could win that race. I knew Alastair was behind me and he was never going to get passed me so it was harsh move and to be taken down by someone else’s mistake is always gutting. It hasn’t affected my leg but my back is really aching and I have displaced my pelvis so now I have to get back to the physio so I am prepared for Brands Hatch.”

Easton said:

“In the second race I was happy to finish eighth after battling through from fifteenth on the grid after we had the problems in qualifying yesterday. It was a real confidence booster for me and then I was further up the grid for the final race and thought we had a good shot at a better result. I went out for the sighting lap for the final race and instantly knew there was a problem and the clutch was slipping so I knew that I couldn’t do anything about it and pulled straight into the pits. I need to put this bad luck behind me though as time is ticking away so I want to get to Brands Hatch and put it right.”

Team Manager Shaun Muir concluded:

“As a team we are really digging deep at the moment. In James’ case he can do no better, still recovering from his early season injuries. He is working hard each weekend and were it not for the backmarkers in race two, and a reckless Seeley in race three, we would probably have had a pair of podiums and real hope of the top six shoot out. Stuart’s weekend was blighted with interrupted sessions over electronic glitches, which although on surface seems minor; really do knock your momentum. Race one and threes’ withdrawals were down to unforeseen mechanical breakdowns that could and have hit any rider in the paddock, but to get all this over the course of one weekend and in the races, is cruel luck for Stuart. We will regroup and focus our selves on Brands Hatch. We have a mid week test planned to work on some areas and without doubt we will get the boys in good shape for the next round at Brands Hatch.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
19-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Website Find Reply