HM Plant Honda Take A Hat Trick Of Wins At Snetterton
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HM Plant Honda Take A Hat Trick Of Wins At Snetterton
[Image: hondahdr.gif]

The HM Plant Honda team took a clean sweep of wins in the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Snetterton as Josh Brookes and Ryuichi Kiyonari took a victory apiece in the final two races of the weekend.

Josh fought his way through to take victory in the second race after winning the opening race yesterday as team-mate Kiyonari was forced to retire whilst in contention to challenge for the win. In race three the HM Plant Honda riders were running first and second when Josh suffered an engine issue, similar to Kiyo in the previous race, and was forced to retire. Kiyo continued to maintain the lead to secure the final win – making it three from three for HM Plant Honda.

In the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 Championship Bryan Staring crashed on the opening lap after a promising start to the weekend put him sixth on the grid.

Josh said:

“In the second race I had another bad start and made my way through; I saw Kiyo seemed to be having problems so knew I didn’t have to make a pass. He retired and then I had Michael ahead of me and knew I had the time to catch him, but then he pulled off too. I just kept steady away and then just held it to take the win which was a great result for me and HM Plant Honda. In race two everything was going well and I was stuck behind James for a few laps and then Kiyo got involved and I maintained the position as I knew Kiyo was quick after we got by Ellison. We just had an engine problem which put me out, which was disappointing but I know we can come back strong at Silverstone for the World Superbike Championship round.”

Kiyo said:

“This morning before the race we made some changes to the setting as it wasn’t perfect yesterday and unfortunately we had a problem and couldn’t finish the race which meant we never had a real chance to test it. So for the third race we reverted back to what we had yesterday and I had the pace to fight for the win. I was disappointed after the second race not to have finished but winning race three made up for that and I was happy to be back winning for the HM Plant Honda team. I now feel really motivated as we know we are fast so we go to the World Superbike Championship round at Silverstone ready to put on a good show.”

Bryan said:

“It was unfortunate to have crashed out at the first corner as I never really had the chance to put on a show for the HM Plant Honda team. It was just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and I have to send my regards to the team as they had given me the chance to come to the UK and race and I have had the time of my life this weekend.”

Havier Beltran said:

“It was fantastic for the HM Plant Honda team and all of our sponsors to win all three races here at Snetterton and shows the potential of the Honda CBR1000. It is however disappointing that both riders were forced to retire once each whilst at the front of the races with engine issues. We know we have to overcome these if we are to win the championship. The team have worked hard all weekend and now we hope for a strong performance at Silverstone. For Bryan it was disappointing not to have finished the race after such a strong start to the weekend and we thank him for all his efforts here at Snetterton.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
19-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Website Find Reply